Racing Wheel Recommendations

I’ve been looking for a wheel recently too (my MOMO is not compatible in Dirt 2.0) but the G29 seems to have gone up in price. It’s about R6k in most places and I can’t find any Thrustmasters anywhere. Let me know if there is someone who stocks them, though I can’t quite afford one yet.

1 Like

Is that the Logitech Momo? @Dragonic don’t you use a momo wheel with Dirt Rally 2.0?

2 Likes

Yeah the prices do see quite high. I guess we can blame it on the crippled economy and tanked currency. I’m still browsing around for decent prices though.

1 Like

Yeah the price of wheels are crazy right now. I got my G920 for R3200 on a sale at Evetech, and that price has pretty much doubled right now.

Check Carbonite, as there are frequently people selling their wheels.

And if you are going for Logitech and only gonna play on PC, get the G29. The more buttons on the wheel than the G920 is a definite plus. No idea why the G920 would have less buttons, and I do miss mapping more commands to my wheel. Then again, I needed something that would work on Xbox as well.

2 Likes

Yebo I use the Logitech Momo Racing in DR2, works fine for me.

3 Likes

You should totally join our DR2.0 league

3 Likes

Oh, that’s good news! I heard there were some compatibility issues so I didn’t even bother checking. I guess I should have :smiley:
I’ll try and get into the league but the game is kicking my ass. I can barely handle the slowest class but I love the game. It’s so satisfying to grit through a tough stage.

3 Likes

Yeah I heard the same, but when I tested it seemed fine. Probably is some issues but nothing I can see.

1 Like

So does anyone have any good and reputable sources (and prices) for either the G29 or G920? The G29 seems pretty scarce, while the G920 is available at more stores. Best price / availability I’ve gotten so far is R5999 at EveTech for the G29.

Wow. I bought mine almost half that a year and a half ago. Crazy. Mine was on special at Takealot back then.

The prices are ridiculous right now. @Pamar is looking at getting a wheel as well at the moment and is equally unimpressed by the prices.

I paid R3 699 for my G920 from Evetech about 10 months ago. Sure, it was on sale at the time, but the R6 399 they have it priced at now is mad.

3 Likes

im still using this shitty wheel (works great with outrun online arcade :grin:)

83_medium

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/ferrari-gt-experience-racing-wheel

3 Likes

I was hoping to get the new load cell Thrustmaster pedals, but shelved that idea. They are stupid expensive locally and as rare as chicken teeth.

Might be worth waiting to see the prices of the new G923 when it gets released

I think I had that wheel when I was like 15 LOL legend, that brought back so many memories… Our cleaner broke the transformer after about 6 months, and I never had another wheel for 10 years after that.

I can also vouch for the DF GT, had that for a couple years, it’s a bit lacking in the FFB quality and overall feel, but you get what you pay for and it’s a pretty decent budget option.

R5300 for the G920 today at OneDayOnly @FarligOpptreden

2 Likes

That’s great thanks! Best price so far and I’ll probably pull the trigger today…

4 Likes

One of us!!! Welcome!

PS: don’t bump @DieGrootHammer

4 Likes

…and I pulled the trigger. Will hopefully get it next week! My 4 week leave is starting then, so enough time to break in the wheel!

4 Likes

Enjoy @FarligOpptreden!

1 Like