Random News Snippets & Articles

Apparently, NPC streaming is a thing and I’ve just learnt about this, thank goodness I don’t allow TikTok in the household. I feel like my IQ has dropped a few points this morning.

3 Likes

I fear for the future of the species.

2 Likes

Cool, 20 years

4 Likes

Another gone too young… RIP Sinéad O’Conner .

Irish singer Sinéad O’Connor has died at the age of 56, her family has announced.

She was so much more than just Nothing Compares 2 U, but it’s still an incredible piece of pop music history, now over 30 years ago.

2 Likes

R-I-Pee Wee :frowning:

2 Likes

RIP DJ Casper. Cha-cha slide real smooth in his honour today.: cry:

#fuckcancer

1 Like

Another sad passing. RIP Sixto “Sugar Man” Rodriguez.

And the album that started it all:

2 Likes

And a link to “Searching for Sugar Man”, the documentary. It’s a fascinating story, with a lot of South African influences and scenes from some of his performances here. Well worth a watch if you have the time.

3 Likes

Linus Tech Tips pauses production as controversy swirls - The Verge

1 Like

Volition, the studio behind the Saints Row franchise, is being closed down with immediate effect.

1 Like

Can’t say I’m too surprised what with how the Saint’s Row reboot bombed. Still, sad for the studio and employees

3 Likes

SAG-AFTRA announced Friday that it will seek authorization for a second strike against the major video game companies.

1 Like

Does this open the door for struggling non-unionised voice and performance capture actors?

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

How far behind are we?

4 Likes

On the one hand we have years of experience in managing the situation but on the other hand it just keeps getting worse.

4 Likes

The US writer’s strike is over! Film and television writers will go back to work today.

But, the Screen Actor’s Guild strike is still on. And the actors’ union is now authorised by its members to consider expanding their strike action to include video game companies too.

The resolution of the Writers Guild of America strike, which will officially end at midnight on Wednesday, means NBC’s “The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon,” CBS’ “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” are heading back into production as soon as next week and will be the first new entertainment programs back on the air since the work stoppage began.
Now that writers can work again, here's when daytime and late-night talk shows will return

Confirmation that John Oliver’s Last Week Tonight will return to air this Sunday, 1 October. The four major network late night talk shows - Kimmel, Colbert, Fallon, and Meyer’s - will all resume their shows from Monday, 2 October.

1 Like

Yeay! My next must play

1 Like