Rebel Tech Deals & Support Thread

Have you ever used a mechanical keyboard before?

3 Likes

How far away did they move?

good lord. 12 character password required…for an online store. Think I’ll hold off until I’m more awake to sign up

3 Likes

Not a clue to be honest so far.

Currently I have the steelseries apex 3

Looks like by about 20km. They now seem to be in the middle of nowhere, close to Diepsloot but doesn’t really look to be in town. They used to be 5min away from me, now they’re probably at least 15. If I have to drive that far in an emergency, I’d rather drive somewhere decent.

2 Likes

12 characters is insane. I refuse to remember a 12 character password so I end up writing it down somewhere.

Also, doesn’t mostepic.win also have a 12 character password requirement? (For a forum) :slight_smile:

1 Like

nope. mines 10…which is one of my “standard” passwords for forums and stuff

1 Like

I’m just gonna leave this here:

Then give yourself an easy to remember passphrase for that.

The specs don’t specify mechanical switches, just that they’re quiet. Do the keys feel like they push back on your fingers?

The Ducky keyboards use the same switches as a lot of other mechanical keyboards, but I think where they stand out is the build quality. I am just as happy with my Das Keyboard, which is also high build quality.

Personally, I always go for Cherry MX Blue switches for fast typing. I didn’t see any of those available. I think Cherry MX Brown are preferred by gamers, but that might be out of date info…

3 Likes

See I have no idea, I cant tell if it pushes back - a little ?

I just know it makes me happy, I need a full keyboard, these smaller ones drives me mental. I need standard spacing on my keys for my right hand to find the right keys to type. Since I don’t have the same mobility in the right as the left, I have adapted my typing style to something that works for me.

1 Like

Ya, full sized keyboards or bust!

1 Like

Build quality and onboard config is :ok_hand: I tend to steer clear of full size keyboards, because I use low sensitivity for FPS, 30cm ish for 180 degree turn

2 Likes

My gaming keyboard is a Steelseries Apex 7 TKL (ten key less / no number pad). It is mechanical and very light on button presses. It took some time to get used to but would not replace it for anything now. It has red switches, and RGB!!!

download

My work keyboard is a Logitech K780 bluetooth keyboard, with 3 device connections (one for my laptop, one for my phone and one for that fancy vaccine connection). The number pad on that one is almost wearing through. One of the best typing keyboards I ever owned!

This is probably not helping you at all!

3 Likes

I have had my logitech g510 since it’s release(2010 i believe), and it only now is starting to go a bit wonky, i have raged on it, i have taken it to LANs and yet it keeps on going, the screen still works fine and changes with certain games i play like guildwars 2

The next keyboard i wanted was the Logitech G19S but they don’t make it anymore :frowning:

I really do want a keyboard with a little screen again when i eventually get a new keyboard

4 Likes

I think we deserve a keyboard thread :grin:

3 Likes

https://community.mostepic.win/t/help-with-a-new-keyboard/2995k

like those?

1 Like

Nah, more like a haal uit en wys, keyboard thread. For many of us, we’re proud of finding something that feels like home, among the millions are options out there

3 Likes

Do it!

1 Like

MEW Approved Keyboards…

3 Likes

I am looking to place an order for work, but there doesn’t seem to be an EFT option on checkout, which according to their FAQ should be through Ozow…

Anyone know anything about this?

Maybe send them a message via twitter? I also just get the payflex option

1 Like