Rebel Tech Deals & Support Thread

Hey all

We have a few ASUS monitors that are new to the store, check them out.

ASUS VZ239HE - R 2,427

• 24-inch, 1080p
  • Frameless

ASUS VZ279HE - R 3,884

• 27-inch, 1080p
  • Frameless

ASUS MZ27AQ - R 6,434
27-inch, 1440p
Frameless

ASUS ROG STRIX XG27VQ - R 7,999
Curved, 27-inch, 1080p
144hz
FreeSync

ASUS MX34VQ - R 13,111
Curved, 34-inch UWQHD
Qi Charing
(Currently No Stock, but coming soon)

Go away satan

4 Likes

@Talentloos haha no no, I like tempting you :yum:

Not your average question, this isn’t an issue related to Rebeltech, but I was wondering if you could maybe provide some insight. I recently picked up a secondhand Sapphire R9 390X. Unfortunately it wasn’t looked after that well, but what can do you with the current GPU climate, eh?

One of the fans is on the brink, it makes this terrible rattling noise. I plan on taking the card apart and giving it a through cleaning, I don’t think it’s been cleaned it’s entire lifespan, but I doubt that’ll fix the fan issue.

Is there anywhere locally that I could get replacement fans? Alternatively, is there anyway to pay to get the card refurbished? Sort of alike a RMA but instead of it being free I pay for it. My only other option is to remove the plastic shroud, and zip tie 2 120 Noctua fans on it. At least It would be quiet. :smiley:

1 Like

Haha, sounds like something I would see on LinusTechTips.

Whats the exact model of the card ?

Sapphire R9 390X Nitro

best bet might be ebay

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/sapphire-fan

Ah the ASUS MX34VQ is now on my wishlist, now to find someone to buy my qnix and seiren so it can be in the cart instead :smiley:

1 Like

Running a promotion on the ASUS ROG GR8 II Mini PC
i5-7400
8GB DDR4 RAM
256MB M.2 SSD
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Windows 10 Home
4 Liter Size

Was: R 17,530
Now: R 14,999

@IMPetuous Sorry for the late reply.

Im not too sure if we would be able to help you out with that. But you can mail [email protected] and ask one of the sales guys if they can send it in. Sure they have received similar requests.

Otherwise what you can do is get a new GPU heatsink with fans. Or like @Pr0fPyr0 mentioned just get the fan. I have used different GPU fans to replace one of my broken ones before.

I think in the end its going to be a DIY project.

Thanks for the advice. :slight_smile:

After I took the card apart, cleaned it out and gave it fresh thermal paste, the rattling has been reduced a bit. I’ve ordered some replacement fans from eBay, hopefully they don’t get stuck in customs hell. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll email you guys to see if there’s anything that can be done locally.
I took a look at custom coolers, the Arctic Extreme III and the RAIJINTEK Morpheus II, unfortunately they’ll quite expensive, and a bit of a waste as there’s nothing wrong the the heatsink on my card, just the fan.

@RebelTech

can you get stock of the following:
http://www.jonsbo.com/en/products_28_18.html

i am looking for an Air CPU cooler that is all black or all white with LED’s and these are exactly what im looking for.

I don’t think we will be able to, but maybe a special order. You will need to mail [email protected] and see if they can contact the manufacturer.

1 Like

Hi all, the SteelSeries Rival 600 is new to the site.

SteelSeries Rival 600

SteelSeries TrueMove3+ Dual Sensor System
CPI: 100-12000
IPS: 350
Acceleration" 50G
Pooling Rate: 1MS
Hardware Acceleration: None (Zero Hardware Acceleration)
Black Soft Touch
SteelSeries Switch, rated for 60-million clicks
8 RGB Zones, Independently Controlled

Now available for R 1,499

3 Likes

Hi all

The ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA is now available on the site for R 6,618

Check it out now.

1 Like

Get your free copy of Farcy 5 with selected Aorus Z370 Motherboards.

Your new gaming monitor is here, the ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27VQ

• 27 Inch

• 2560 x 1440 TN

• 165Hz Refresh Rate

• G-Sync

Oh yes, and it has RGB. So that’s the main reason to buy it.

Now available for R 14,999

I’m still waiting for a well priced 34" high resolution gaming monitor. :slight_smile:

How much are you willing to spend? The 34" ones are still quite expensive yes.

1 Like