Red Dead Redemption 2

It’s huge! I played so much last week but I’m only in chapter 4. I’ll probably only finish it in March. Absolutely loving the game though.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few people saying Red Dead Redemption 2 is boring. For me it’s the complete opposite. I’m loving it so much. The little stories, everything you find on the road. Just how alive everything is.

RDR2 gives me the same satisfaction that Elite Dangerous does. I can just start playing and it relaxes me like few other games can. I get lost in the world.

The last two weekends I played quite a bit and didn’t even touch the main missions. There’s just so much to do.

2 Likes

you need to play zelda.

It’s interesting how people experience the same thing differently. The feeling you describe here is what I’ve been getting from AC Odyssey for the most part. With RDR2 I don’t get that. I find is so tedious and drawn out, I didn’t even bother finishing it. I can’t even recall until which chapter I’ve played it and I don’t see myself returning to it anytime soon. I love the first RDR and have always enjoyed Rockstar games but to me RDR2 is not fun to play and it feels like a chore. If a game is not enjoyable/fun then I don’t feel like wasting time on it anymore.

Also like @Talentloos said. You have to play Zelda, Breath of the Wild specifically, which I’m sure is what he meant.

1 Like

According to court papers that were obtained by The Blast, Pinkerton Consulting and Investigations sent a cease-and-desist letter to Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive, accusing the developers of making use of the agency’s name with the permission.

In the letter dated December 13, 2018, Pinkerton Consulting & Investigations (now a subsidiary of security firm Securitas AB) asserts that the use of their trademark has established a false connection to the Red Dead franchise, despite the fact that their name was used without proper authorization, and it has resulted in damage to their reputation.

1 Like

I still haven’t finished the game but I’ve spent a lot of ours in it. So far it may just be the best game I’ve ever played. Just loving it to bits.

Better than Mass Effect 1/2/3 or Dark Souls 3?

It’s a difficult one since they are all excellent games. But yes, if I have to pick a best game of all time now then I’d pick Red Dead Redemption 2.

Coming to PC on 5 November!!!

Did I not say it would come to PC after an extended beta on console?

1 Like

haha yeah one year and here it is now I can’t decide what games to get!

I was quite literally at the point of buying it on the PS4 sale this week. No jokes… Now I’ll rather wait until end of the gear. The great games on XGP4PC are keeping me occupied until then.

Besides, baby = little to no game time.

1 Like

Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to pre-order at the Epic Games store, Greenman Gaming, the Humble Store, GameStop and additional digital retailers starting October 23rd with a pre-order bonus of 25 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online. Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to purchase on Steam this December.

Now all the PC players can see how overrated this snoozefest is.

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Don’t listen to @Wlad.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is the best game I’ve ever played.

2 Likes

@Solitude also thinks Dark Souls 2 is the best Dark Souls. Honestly, who are you going to listen to?

1 Like

Absolutely Red Dead Redemption is an incredible game. It is an incredible technical achievement and everyone should experience the majesty that is RDR2. While some gameplay aspects can be a bit jarring to people, it is far better than most games that have ever been made. It cracked my top games list for sure.

So yeah, don’t listen to @Wlad. He is just wrong.

1 Like

I couldn’t disagree with you more. It might be extremely well polished and it is a truly amazing experience, but as a “game” it falls flat. Immersion is awesome, but not at the cost of fun. It does have positives as well, but the original Red Dead Redemption was a damn near perfect masterpiece. RDR2 sadly doesn’t live up to the legacy for me.

But yeah, don’t listen to me. Give Rockstar/2K your money. They need it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha you got me there.

Its on my one day play list ok

1 Like