Red Dead Redemption 2

I am in two minds. Amazingly immersive experience. But I never finished it as I got bored…

But then the same happened with GTA V. Amazing, but never finished it on console. Played it on PC and it was 10 times better. If I can aim better and shoot better then I will be a more successful cowboy, and thus enjoy the game more. I just convinced myself. Pre-order for Bully and Max Payne 3 (never played either)

3 Likes

Same situation for me. Have it on the XB, played a fair bit initially, then got sidetracked by other things and never went back to it. Also, me + controller + shooter games = “computer says no”. Would love it on the PC, and am sorely tempted, but honestly can’t justify paying another R900+ for a game I already have and have hardly played. Will wait to see what sort of pricing they put on it on Wednesday, or maybe force myself to wait for December for it to get to Steam to see if it may have some Regional Pricing involved.

1 Like

but…but…has he PLAYED ds3?

Urgh, I am most probably going to buy this again as well. Played and nearly finished the game on console, but would love to try it out on my new PC to see if it can handle it. On PC I suspect this will be by far the most pretty game ever. Also will definitely play it with a controller. Don’t think a game like this will be massively better with KB and mouse.

2 Likes

Minimum specifications:

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300
Memory: 8GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB HDD
Space: 150GB
Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Recommended specifications:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
Memory: 12GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
HDD Space: 150GB
Sound Card: DirectX compatible

3 Likes

Pre-Purchase through the launcher is now also available. No Standard Edition offered, just the Special Edition as a free upgrade. Ultimate Edition is R1249 and includes all the Special Edition bonuses and a few more for Red Dead Online.

Pre-purchasing either Edition also gives you 2 free games from a choice of:

• Grand Theft Auto III
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Bully: Scholarship Edition
  • L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
  • Max Payne 3: The Complete Edition

And launcher only bonuses:

• Outlaw Survival Kit for Story Mode
  • War Horse for Story Mode
  • Treasure Map for Story Mode
  • Cash Bonus for Story Mode
  • 50 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online

Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to pre-order at the Epic Games store, Greenman Gaming, the Humble Store, GameStop and additional digital retailers starting October 23rd with a pre-order bonus of 25 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online. Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to purchase on Steam this December.

1 Like

Mag ek hul maar vloek. Well my geld gaan liewers na iemand anders.

3 Likes

That seems quite reasonable. So many people will be able to max out the game. :smile:

1 Like

Pre-load for PC pre-order buyers is now available through the Rockstar Games Launcher. Clear some space on your hard drive and check your bandwidth caps beforehand though - its almost 110 GB.

2 Likes

I’m holding out for the Steam version. I hope it will at least be slightly cheaper, but if not, I’ll probably get it there anyway, just to make the downloading more convenient.

3 Likes

Yikes. Been trawling Wikipedia and Metacritic to research nominations for our MEGotY Awards and people are not happy with the Rockstar Launcher. Review-bombed on Metacritic.

I think this is partly residual negativity from all the Epic Store exclusives that happened this year, but also the launcher seems broken for a lot of people…

1 Like

I read a few user reciews and it seems more like they consider the game to be unoptimised and bugged…

a704696

1 Like

Who in their right mind expected this launch “optimised”?

1 Like
1 Like

Bumper Digital Foundry release today. Here’s their RDR2 video:

And here are the videos from a few days ago:

3 Likes

Game is finally listed on Steam, but you can’t buy it yet.

4 Likes

Tiny Red Dead looks so cute!

3 Likes

Epic trailer. Fans often come up with better trailers than the devs :grinning:

2 Likes

A UFO mod… But what impresses me most is how amazing this game looks, even from up high! Not sure if this is some sort of render to file or actually this smooth at this speed, but it still looks BEAUTIFUL!

1 Like

Wow, didn’t know this game doubled as cloud simulator 2018, those are some awesome looking clouds. MS flight sim has nothing on this.

1 Like