Red Dead Redemption 2

Would-be cowboys get ready: Red Dead Redemption 2 now has an official release date. The open world title from Rockstar Games is one of the most wanted games of 2018, following on from one of the greatest titles of the last generation. Promising to show some of the backstory of Red Dead Redemption by focusing on Dutch’s gang, Red Dead Redemption 2 is not only expected to deliver incredible gameplay but also perhaps add even more depth to the world of Red Dead as a whole.

However, there were still some serious questions that needed to be answered regarding Red Dead Redemption 2. The GTA 5 studio has been typically coy about the game so far, revealing some stunning screenshots and impressive trailers, but still keeping the nitty gritty of the game away from fans. Chief among the title’s mystery, of course, was exactly when Red Dead Redemption 2 was going to launch.

Now, that question has finally been answered. Rockstar Games has confirmed that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available on October 26, 2018, so PS4 and Xbox One users will be able to play the title then – although there’s still no word on a PC release. As well as this, Rockstar revealed a number of new screenshots of the game to help give gamers a better idea of what to expect come October.

Unfortunately, this does put the game a little behind some fan expectations. After that initial delay, Red Dead Redemption 2 was expected to release in the second quarter of 2018, and after one potential release date was leaked it looked as though the game may still be on track. However, gamers will instead have to wait that little while longer to get their hands on the title.

Rockstar has given an explanation for why the game is being pushed back a little bit further, though. According to the studio, the game requires a “little extra time to polish” and so an October release date is required. However, most players would rather wait a little while longer and be given a better game than see the title rushed to fit an arbitrary release date.

It’s fair to say that many are already eyeing up Red Dead Redemption 2 as a possible game of the year. The first Red Dead Redemption proved to be something of a masterclass in open world gameplay, with an interesting and impactful story tied to a world that at times truly felt alive. Should its sequel live up to the expectations set by the first game, then players are going to be in for a treat.

Source: Screenrant

1 Like

I can’t wait for this! I’ll probably have lots of free time then with a new baby in the house and all…

/sarcasm

2 Likes

You’ll definitely have a lot of time to game then! /s

Source: am father.

1 Like

That’s it I’m a getting a PS4.

1 Like

I shall await the game on PC after the year long beta test on the consoles has been conducted first. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

maybe pc users will finally get the first Red dead once this one releases on consoles :grin:

and when i say first im not talking about redemption but revolver :grinning:

Same here. If it’s not out or announced by next year I’ll consider getting a PS4.

why a ps4 ? :expressionless:

Because the PS4 has some good games that I would actually like to play.

fair enough, i’ll probably get a ps4 one day to play horizon zero dawn and spiderman, those are the only enticing ps titles imo.

people are delusioned if they think death stranding is gonna release on the ps4, that looks more and more like a ps5 launch titles

I’m not sure how that’s related to the topic at all, but okay. :confused:

because u said that :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I choose PS4 because I will never forgive MS for the bullshit they tried to pull when XB1 launched.

1 Like

Pre-Orders for PlayStation and XBox are out. Looks to be identical pricing and bonuses on both stores.

Capture

Pre-Order Red Dead Redemption 2 to get:
• The War Horse
• The Outlaw Survival Kit
• Cash Bonus for Story Mode
• Bonus GTA$500,000 to spend immediately in Grand Theft Auto Online.

In addition, pre-order by July 31, 2018 to get an exclusive Treasure Map for Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode.

Pre-Order the Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition to get:
• The War Horse
• Bonus GTA$1,000,000 to spend immediately in Grand Theft Auto Online.

In addition, pre-order by July 31, 2018 to get an exclusive Treasure Map for Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode.

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition delivers a huge selection of exclusive content for Story Mode including:
• Bank Robbery Mission & Gang Hideout
• Dappled Black Thoroughbred
• Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses
• Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts
• The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit

Plus get free access to Additional Weapons in Story Mode.

Pre-Order the Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition to get:
• The War Horse
• Bonus GTA$2,000,000 to spend immediately in GTA Online.

In addition, pre-order by July 31, 2018 to get an exclusive Treasure Map for Story Mode.

The Ultimate Edition delivers all of the amazing Story Mode content from the Special Edition plus additional bonuses for a head start in online.

Story Mode content:
• Bank Robbery Mission & Gang Hideout
• Dappled Black Thoroughbred
• Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses
• Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts
• The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit

Online content:
• Bonus Outfits
• Rank Bonuses
• Black Chestnut Thoroughbred
• Free access to the Survivor Camp Theme

Plus get free access to Additional Weapons in both Story Mode and online.

All 3 editions indicate that there are “In app purchases” and also include a subtle note that “In-game purchases optional”, so hardcore RDR2 players, you have until 26 October to prime your wallets.

Any thoughts on that, and on the “Exclusive Story Mode Content” in the Special and Ultimate editions?

Oh, and there’s also a goodie packed Collector’s Edition Box available for a $100. About the only thing it doesn’t include is a copy of the actual game…

Mod request to please merge the other two RDR2 threads with this one maybe and asseblief?

(Oh, and I was able to edit the title of this thread and add the official tag to it even though I’m not the OP? MEW admins are either very trusting, or very lax in setting permissions… Personally, I wouldn’t trust me with edit permissions even on just thread titles… #justsaying :wink:)

Regulars have those super powers too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yet i cant edit my own article :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s weird indeed. Hope you don’t mind that I took the liberty with your title here?

I think it has to do with time elapsing. I tried to go back to an old post I made to update the OP, and also couldn’t.

Looks fantastic:

Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Gameplay Video

1 Like