Sim Racing Hub

Fuck these companies that don’t want to support Africa. :fu:

3 Likes

Locals have to support locals then…

3 Likes
3 Likes

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx-j-00OlgzMTtJgYQO66kJBnrtwbxo76O

Found myself in a race with sim racing streamer Jardier and getting mentioned…

Even if it was just for being slow :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You are famous, and I now know someone famous! Does that make me famous?

3 Likes

To be fair to you, everyone around you was going slowly too at that point…

1 Like

Thanks, I was being super cautious and trying not to be that guy on the first lap. 37 cars, it was crazy but a ton of fun!

2 Likes

Sadly it just makes you a wannabe, just like me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Introducing Zwartkops International World of Motoring, also known as Zwartkops Raceway, in Pretoria South Africa.

Created by the legendary Dale Best (Prototype) who brought the infamous and much respected Kyalami to Assetto Corsa. Dale is back with another incredible rendition of a famous South African track in the capital city of Pretoria. Zwartkops is an undulating road circuit 2,4 kilometers long circulated in a clock-wise direction at 5600feet above sea level.

The track has a width of 10 meters over its entire length with the starting straight past the Pits, 12 meters wide. The run off areas and safety measures were designed utilizing the speed profile of vehicles which can achieve lap times as low as 55 seconds.
Zwartkops can be categorized as a short circuit which has 8 corners of which three are fast and challenging and one corner being a 180 degree hairpin. Overtaking opportunities are good with 3 corners offering overtaking under braking.

Zwartkops is a “technical circuit” with three of the corners having compound radii, and the track has been designed to enable competent competitors achieve fast lap times.

4 Likes

Looks as good as his Kyalami build. And he has a development plan for four more SA circuits with Killarney next. We could be doing a full South Africa national series eventually.

3 Likes

The next update to rFactor 2 will launch in August. Here is a nice summary of new features.

1 Like

Amazing looking new release from Race Sim Studio for Assetto Corsa: the Formula RSS 1970 V8

This is the Formula RSS 1970 V8 for the PC version of Assetto Corsa by Race Sim Studio based on the Formula regulations of the 1970 season. This car is codenamed: “Storm”.

Featuring a classic design from the early 1970s, far from the complex designs of modern formula cars, this car is the most feature-rich vehicle we have ever produced, with up to 7 different aero packages, animated adjustable wings, fully animated driver (throttle, brake, clutch, and even custom animations with the hands and the visor), plus animated fuel feeding tubes, CSP gauges, and much more.

The audio has been recorded from the real car! It has been carefully crafted with the highest quality tools available to make one of the most successful and dominant V8 engines in motorsports.

Formula RSS 1970 V8 for AC - Race Sim Studio

Even comes with it’s own Car Booklet “brochure”.

3 Likes

2 Likes

@DarthMol, myself and 2 other guys will be doing the 8 hours of Watkins Glen, starting at 5pm today.

I will be trying to stream but cannot guarantee it working well. I can try!

If this does not work, try the official RaceFace stream:

7 Likes

@SlinX Throw up an Assetto Corsa server on Black Cat County with a few super cars and some old masochist ones too :pray:

4 Likes

You got it boss

4 Likes

Darn’ completely missed this. :confused: How did you guys go? Were you indeed Champions of Victory?! :grinning:

1 Like

Champions of Seeing It Through :star_struck:

Had one big mistake from my side and ended up about 11 laps behind the leader.

It was a lot of fun though!

2 Likes

We also had a disconnect when one of our drivers had his power trip due to a lightning strike in the area. So there were challenges.

We still at least finished ahead of a guy who was doing the 8 hour solo. It was pretty impressive that he made it the full race, but it would have been slightly embarrassing to have been beaten by him!

2 Likes

We did achieve perfect harmony at one point

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxfXUpGFBDOwStUOJgMmi6QHtHTlWpMvVa

The solo did go off while reading my stream comments… I feel so bad!

Watch with comments on.

2 Likes