Sim Racing Hub

That looks like something straight out of onlyfans.

@oltman at what timestamp was the drama?

1 Like

I did pop in to check on you guys every now and then, I must have missed all the action. I’m PixelCortex on YouTube, not sure if you saw any of my comments.

1 Like

So, I was catching a guy I to unlap myself. I had a really solid few laps. Into turn 1 he made a mistake and I was all over him for the S’s into the back straight. I thought he was moving over to let me pass, but he was defending real hard. I was so scared of driving into him that I missed my marker completely. What I should have done is go straight, but at that moment I was stuck between left and right routes, locked up and went into the barriers… It was just dumb. Then I pulled a Zoolander and could only turn left.

4 Likes

I did see them :wink: I know you are PixelCortex. Even did a hout out at some point to you and Disco Bear

3 Likes
3 Likes

The Virtual 24hrs of Le Mans is happening on 14 January, and the grid is absolutely stacked!!!

From current F1 champ Max Verstappen, right down to a sim racer who used to live in a shack in his mom’s garden, Jimmy Broadbent.

There is some controversy of Motorsport Games (current rFactor 2 devs/owners) and their acquisition of the Le Mans license and thus preventing iRacing from calling their 24h Circuit la Sarth race “Le Mans”. Also their recent Indycar license meaning anyone who bought the cars on iRacing cannot race them in any race called Indycar…

It will still be amazing to watch though!

6 Likes

Ma se kind! Just spent a fully frustrated few minutes searching for a livestream to watch the race before realising that it only happens next week. And that’s despite reading your “is happening on 14 January” line repeatedly :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

For my own sanity and reference for next week:

https://www.youtube.com/@traxiongg

Qualifying:

Live 13 January at 20:00

Race

Live 14 January at 14:15

Should also be coverage on the TraxionGG Twitch channel:

Also on Official YouTube Channels:

FIA WEC:

24 Hueres du Mans (English):

3 Likes

Super keen to watch some of this!

1 Like
2 Likes

Team Redline (Max’s team) have a livestream up for their various entries:

Also, live timing for the event is available:

https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/lmvirtualseries

2 Likes

Been watching quite a bit. Some good racing

2 Likes

Max with some choice words to say about the race after another disconnect. The disconnecting issue has plagued a fair few teams during this race and shows that rFactor 2 is not the correct place to have a race of this calibre and profile on. iRacing has a much better server infrastructure and setup. But anyway.

4 Likes
2 Likes

5 Likes

Well, the sim racing community has been in a meltdown ever since the weekends debacle at the LMVS. And its getting worse by the day for Motorsport Games, the parent company that owns Factor 2 as well as the Le Mans license.

There is a good chance this scam of a company will not live to see the end of 2023. There are so many controversies surrounding MSG that I cannot fathom how ACO sold the Le Mans license until 2031 to these crooks.

For starters, MSG is a publicly listed company on the NASDAQ. But last year the NASDAQ management informed them they run the risk of losing their public trading license due to their stock price 2Y fall of 93% and trading at less than $1 per share, a policy that the NASDAQ has to not keep “low value companies” like that on their trading floor. The company “found” $2 million and the stock price shot up to $3. Still 92% lower than their peak trading, but hey.

Then the whole Board of Directors of MSG resigned all at once, due to a dispute with the company CEO about how funding was gathered to save them in this time of crisis…

Employees shortly after threatened with lawsuits to sue to company as many studios, including Rezia (developers of Factor 2) has not been paid.

Today this article is another scandal waiting to happen. Employees are STILL not paid for work done on current projects, and are threatening to release the source code for multiple current and ongoing titles.

And this is the type of company that is trusted to host the Virtual Le Mans race, Indycar and NASCAR? This is just such a broken mess.

For further reading, see this article:

5 Likes

I hope, and I say this as a simracer, that doesn’t give a jot about Le Mans, Nascar, Indycar, LMP or GT racing, that this fuck up, is the final push, that gets them kicked out for the skelms, many people have seen them to be for years. Hopefully, this simracing niche hobby, comes out better off, once the dead weight has been shed. Surely, when arguably, the most influential type of motorsport champion, on the planet, drops a giant turd on your dinner plate, the people in decision making roles, have to finally do something.

3 Likes

3 Likes

bites tongue Asssshooooooole

3 Likes

Found this really interesting.

3 Likes