Sim Racing Hub

Its been in my feed as well, yet to watch it

2 Likes

@oltman Did you see how much the wheel flexes with the new connector on the Thrustmaster T818? Lawd, that’s a lot

2 Likes

Yeah, their fibre plastic wont cut it :frowning:

1 Like

This video is a fascinating take on someone outside the hardcore racing scene looking in and analysing the “game” aspects. While I do not agree with all points, I must say that he makes some excellent points.

2 Likes

At least I like his mouse pad:

4 Likes
2 Likes

From Olympic and Cycling doping to modding in sims, there will always be people cheating to try and get that extra edge. I actually heard of a sim racing league that required drivers to install and run a specific app when joining in the races as an anti-cheating measure.

1 Like

Simracesa does that. Better run than any international fuckshow le man virtual. And yes, I know this wasn’t specifically about that.

2 Likes

More on cheating in sim racing, this time with Jimmy Broadbent.

“This Can’t Continue” Jarno Opmeer Speaks Out About Cheating In F1 Esports - YouTube

1 Like

Good ol’ James helping me with the adjustment from GT3 racing to F1 driving.

1 Like

Help, I started learning to drift and now it’s all I want to do

3 Likes
2 Likes

Not sure if anybody is in the market, but Digital Motorsports is having a “free worldwide shipping” promotion!

It excludes turnkey rigs and seats.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s fantastic! They usually have some of the best prices on the more high end gear. Free shipping makes a huge difference.

2 Likes

I know! Super good value to have free shipping!

2 Likes

Agh nee man, wallet is already crying over here

1 Like

I was so torn, but decided I’d better pay the kids’ school fees…

3 Likes

Can’t they homeschool?

1 Like

NO!!!

/ptsd from lockdown homeschooling ensues…

3 Likes

I know! I was also like “what can I trade this month… we dont REALLY need food… medical aid is a luxury, we are all healthy… And we dont need electricity this month, only next month when the wheel rim arrives…”

4 Likes