Sim Racing Leagues (Outside of MEW)

This site was posted in the Sim Racing subreddit. Possibly a way for us to advertise our leagues and potentially get more drivers?

2 Likes

I really like the idea of expanding our league, but also to expand the interaction between us between races. So MEW can also benefit :grin:

2 Likes

Raceface.pro Round 2 tonight! 80 minutes of Laguna Seca, which equates to about 53 cork screws!

I hope to see @Darthmol and @DieGrootHammer there. And anybody can still join. Go to https://raceface.pro/raceface-acc-gt3-championship-registration-s4/ to register.

1 Like

Latest Solidarity E-race event is up: https://www.solidarityerace.co.za/the-race

Participants have a choice of joining either class (not both), prize money is equal.
GT4 – Aston Martin Vantage, Ginetta G55 or McLaren 570S
GT3 – Aston Martin V8, Bentley Continental or McLaren 720S

Brands Hatch – Super Quali
Semi Finals & Finals - Silverstone

Super Quali:
15 Laps: Only your first 15 laps will be taken into consideration – incomplete laps count
towards the 15 total laps including out-laps and in-laps.

Semi-Finals – 20-minute sprints
Circuit: Silverstone
Vehicle: Same vehicle you qualified with
Class Finals is a 45 min race, which will determine our podium finishes and prize
winners

Prizes per Class Final
1st Place – R4 000
2nd Place – R2 000
3rd Place – R1 000
4th Place – R750
5th Place – R500
6th Place – R450
7th Place – R400
8th Place – R350
9th Place – R300
10th Place – R250

2 Likes

Yeah! The Bentley made it to the list! I am actually pretty darn keen to do this!

1 Like

Congrats on winning the RaceFace race last night @DieGrootHammer!

7 Likes

We should start calling him Die Groot Hamilton from now on such was the commanding performance he had :smile:

6 Likes

He really drove like a champ! I am so proud! They grow up so fast!

3 Likes

Thanks guys. Last night was probably the best I’ve driven in my sim racing career. My qualifying lap was 0.000 seconds behind the pole position. He had a terrible start and I jumped into the lead into turn 1 lap 1. From there I maintained great consistency and only made one mistake where I lost 7 seconds off my lead. Luckily I had a buffer of around 14 seconds. I then gained another 8 seconds on the pitstops and I have no idea why, but I’m not complaining. Man that was the most fun I’ve had in a racing game to date.

5 Likes

Tried an adjustment to my overlay to show overall leader board. Any comments and suggestions?

1 Like

Not a league but a bunch of races that you can sign up for with SimGrid.

https://beta.thesimgrid.com/

1 Like

Who’s racing the 90 minute Paul Ricard race on MNR tonight?

I’ve got a Zoom meeting so unfortunately I won’t make it - despite desperately needing the practice.

I was there, as you know. Had a good start from like 8th, and held up to 4th after the pits. I caight Nieuwoudt in 3rd on lap 25 and finally had a good run on him out of the last turn on lap 30. Side by side on the braking marker of T1 and he turns out (right) into me and we are both wrecked. A long lap to the pits and a long repair and I end the race in 10th. And I was in line for another podium… :neutral_face:

1 Like

@oltman @DieGrootHammer with regard to the Most Epic Win team on Raceface should we get Bertus to split us into a team A and B? We could add Jay as our other team member.

Yeah, that works for me.

Anyone interested in the Raceface ACC 6-hour Spa endurance race on 6 December?

The Spa 6 Hour is to be hosted on the 6th of December from 11h00 to 18h00.

More details to follow shortly.

2 Likes

1 driver per car?

It’s my wedding anniversary, but I’ll pop in on Discord at some point and watch a stream for a bit!

How do multi driver races work?