Star Citizen

Fantastic stuff @Sweepslag! ArcCorp looks great. What sort of fps performance are you getting? Your videos don’t show any major lag or stuttering. And the screenshots are gorgeous, so I’m assuming you’re running on High Quality settings?

And how’s the overall patch looking in terms of bugs and crashes? Last I saw the PTU was up to patch 3.5N? How likely is a PU release this weekend do you think?

1 Like

Up until this very moment, I’ve not had any interest in this game. It was always a joke game made to be a massive cash grab that will never come out and become showelware in a few year.

But holy shitballs!!! Those screenshots can not be denied. They look absolutely amazing!! Now I really wished I had a PC that could run it

3 Likes

So many questions! :grin: I like the enthusiasm.

Even with my mid-range rig, performance is very playable. FPS is variable but getting better with every patch; very similar to how it went with Hurston / Lorville. It drops down into the 20’s on occasion but usually recovers quickly. I am currently running on High settings yes; I haven’t seen a major performance difference between High and Medium, but High does seem to have better visual quality wrt LODs and draw distance etc.

There are a few “major” bugs left affecting playability, but they are getting fewer with every patch. Stability has been very good for me; I’ve had one server disconnect but no client crashes at all. Given the progress and where things are now, I’d say a live release by the weekend is very possible.

2 Likes

Well, from a more critical point of view, there is a lot you can still fault about the current state of the game. But yes, it’s hard to argue with what they’ve accomplished. This procedural city tech is very impressive. Also, I think the quarterly release schedule is really starting to pay off. Every three months there is a nice chuck of content along with feature and gameplay improvements. I think this is going to be a good year for Star Citizen.

3 Likes

Since you guys enjoyed the screenshots so much, I thought you might like the video footage.

My thoughts on the new flight model after a week’s worth of experience.

1 Like

Even the bad guys look good…

1 Like

The character models really have improved in leaps and bounds.

1 Like

That looks awesome. Also, wow they are struggling with 3.5 hey.

2 Likes

Yeah, I suspect it’s the merge of development branches. At the end of last year afaik, they sort of branched development at 3.3, so the 3.3/3.4 branch remained separate from what is now 3.5. That means quite a few bugs that were fixed in 3.4 cropped up again in 3.5. The latest builds have been pretty good though, so I don’t think release is too far off now.

2 Likes

Some mission gameplay to give you a peek at the state of 3.5. This was great fun.

1 Like

That Vanduul character pic from a few days ago has a full rotation animation clip to go with it…

1 Like

I saw that! It was linked in the latest Squadron 42 project update. Nasty looking oke.

1 Like

Alpha 3.5.0 has been released to the Live PU servers. Now I’m questioning my decision to go away for the long weekend :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Damn, 23GB. When last XD

1 Like

Well that was a touch unexpected. Good news though!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a biggie. Lots of changes, even with a differential patcher. Full patch notes here, for those who like to read such things.

1 Like

Also, here’s a cool thing. The telemetry page has been updated with several new bits of information. It now includes ping times, load times, and an overall stability score. Check it out here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/telemetry

1 Like

My new look for 3.5.

2 Likes