Star Citizen

3.5 seems to be a decent patch for making money. I netted about 20k last night from a bounty mission and two deliveries. I had to fly all the way from Crusader to ArcCorp, but if you look carefully you can find missions with similar start and end points, and then accept a couple of them simultaneously. That way you make one trip and get paid multiple times for the effort.

1 Like

I finally did a mission on Monday night. I’ve never really done any missions on SC. Was decent actually and I might do it again and also follow your suggestion. But holy crap, if I upgrade my quantum drive in my Aurora, would that mean faster Quantum travel times? 18m KMs is no joke XD
Not to mention my overheating issues. Definitely upgrading my cooler.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately the travel times for Size 1 QD’s will not come down unless they decide to rework quantum travel altogether. The bigger the ship, the faster it goes in quantum.

As a practical tip; try not to make long journeys in one go. Look for missions that start or end at the R&R rest stop stations, then use those as intermediate hops to get to the other planets like Hurston or ArcCorp. That way you can refuel, cool your engines, and make some money along the way.

1 Like

Ah that’s a bummer. Oh well. Do enough missions and save up for a better ship then haha. But we’ll leave that for Beta maybe.

Thanks, will do this.

1 Like

LevelCap Gaming visits ArcCorp in a3.5 for the first time. And he is impressed.

3 Likes

I totally get where he’s coming from. ArcCorp is hugely impressive. You have to fly over the cityscape yourself to really appreciate what they’ve accomplished.

2 Likes

Something a little different. Pedro Camacho is the composer for the persistent universe of Star Citizen, and I absolutely love his work. Check out his channel sometime.

2 Likes

Am a huge fan! He also did music for Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein. But his Star Citizen work is stellar. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Be sure to check his SoundCloud profile out as well. Lots of SC stuff plus a bunch of other pieces too.

Huh? - https://soundcloud.com/pedrocamacho

Huh? x2 - https://soundcloud.com/pedrocamacho/scifi-homage

1 Like

One week to Free Fly around the Star Citizen universe for mahala, including being able to test mining:

Anyone who plays Star Citizen between May 1 and May 8 will have access to the following five ships:

• Anvil Arrow - Featuring an ultra-aerodynamic frame, slight profile, and the most advanced maneuvering thruster tech available, the Arrow shines in Alpha 3.5’s new flight atmospheric flight model. It’s the most agile ship in its class, and can hold its own in a knock-down-drag-out dogfight with quad missile racks and a full complement of countermeasures.

• MISC Prospector – equipped with a mining laser, the Prospector is Star Citizen’s starter mining ship.

• Drake Cutlass Black – this ship packs real firepower with both piloted guns as well as a manned turret. It is flown by multiple crew members to haul and protect cargo. This is one of our most popular ships for both new and returning players.

• Aegis Avenger Titan – one of our cargo ships, the Titan is a light cargo hauler version of the Avenger specifically kitted out to deliver payloads across the ‘Verse.

• Drake Dragonfly – a two seater hoverbike, the Dragonfly is equipped with a laser cannon and is one of the best ways to navigate surface-side in Star Citizen. The Dragonfly can fit easily in the cargo hold of multiple ships, giving players an on-the-ground option after landing.

Am guessing it starts 1 May in the US, so check the RSI site sometime this evening for full instructions and the Free Fly code (which existing Citizens could also use to get access to those ships).

2 Likes

Awesome! Good opportunity for you guys to jump in and give 3.5 a try.

Free fly is now live! Go here to activate.

It appears the official tutorial videos have also been updated.

I don’t want to stir, but read this article this morning, which is either slanderous to the company, or spot on reality check for where the game is.

I can’t comment as I’ve never played the game. Wanted to know what you fans think about it.

I skimmed through it briefly. Truth be told, I’m not all that interested in the opinion of most game journalists (and that’s a generous word for what they do). The whole personal life angle is unnecessary and completely irrelevant, imho.

When I look at the content CIG is putting out, and watch the interviews with the devs, all I see is a group of very talented people that are extremely passionate and excited about the work they do. Yes, it’s taking long, and it’s insanely ambitious, maybe even impossible. But that hasn’t stopped then from trying. I’m having great fun playing what content is there, and for the moment, that’s enough.

2 Likes

This is super funny, especially if you’ve seen the original.

1 Like

For something that started with a couple of CI devs wondering what they could do with their planet generation tech, caves are all of a sudden a thing in Star Citizen. And looking bloody impressive for early iterations.

1 Like

Also, alpha 3.5.1 version is now Live for all backers with the first version of ship customisation in.

New Features

General

• Added ship customization for the 300 series.

Ship customization is available on the website. When test-pledging for a new ship with customization options available, there will be an additional button on the test-pledge store page to allow a player to apply their personal touches immediately after completing the test-pledge. If you already own a customize-able ship, there will be a customize button on the test-pledge when viewed in the “My Hangar” interface. For this initial rollout, you will be able to customize the 300 series hull color, cockpit finish, yoke, seat (model, material, and finish), bedding, decorations/flair, and select from various component packages (powerplant, cooler, weapons, ect).

Ships and Vehicles

• Ship loadout (components, weapons) modifications are now restored to the ship when filing an insurance claim.

Feature Updates

General

• Updated menu button background videos.

Universe

• Audio ambience pass for Echo-11.
  • Updates to glass reflectiveness around Area18.
  • Expanded the available locations where unrefined Altruciatoxin can be sold and purchased.
  • Added several new ship items from the customizer (powerplants, coolers, shields) to shops around the verse.
  • Added new buildings, lights, decals, and updated LODs at Area18.
  • Lowered box carry position for female characters to allow them to better see over.

Ships and Vehicles

• Polish to 300i audio.
  • Retuned 300 series flight behavior.

Bug Fixes

• Restricted area audio alarms should no longer keep playing continuously.
  • Delivery missions should no longer be occasionally withdrawn upon delivery.
  • Players should no longer occasionally load into the game before the ground, causing them to fall to their deaths.
  • Some ships should no longer spawn partway into the ground, damaging them.
  • Fixed areas around Area18 that had variable gravity.
  • Seize and destroy narcotics should no longer occasionally fail when destroying the drugs.
  • Guards should no longer stay hostile after killing the player.
  • Fixed an issue causing ships to sometimes spawn in a different location than listed on the ASOP terminal.
  • Fixed broken kiosks in Area18 Casaba Outlet.
  • Improvements to AI ship flight to reduce wing wobble habits.
  • The downed satellite (Darneely) mission should now properly progress.
  • Turrets and FPS AI should no longer respawn if one player in a group dies while doing a related mission.
  • Fixed an issue on one of the underground facilities in Lyria which was missing ground collision.
  • Players should no longer be able to eject from the Hawk in Astro Armada.
  • Switching genders in the character customizer should no longer occasionally cause a skin tone mismatch.
  • Arena Commander and Star Marine rentals should no process correctly.
  • Added missing impact effects for the Coda Pistol.
  • Missiles should now consistently do damage.
  • Fixed some issues that prevented Altruciatoxin showing in cargo after purchase.
  • Purchased cargo should now correctly appear in the hold of the Avenger Titan.
  • Fix for missing audio ambience at Lorville security/customs.
  • Fix for scanning loop retriggering repeatedly when mining.
  • The steal stash mission marker should no longer disappear if the user dies during second objective.
  • There should no longer be missing shadow for some graphical settings, causing a “film grain” effect.
  • Ruto’s maintenance mission should now correctly update.
  • Players should no longer get “near restricted area” UI warnings when not near a restricted area.
  • Delivery lockers at Riker Memorial Spaceport should now consistently spawn boxes.
  • Fix for glasses that disappear when dropped at the G-Loc bar.
  • Players should no longer be able to bypass transit system collision to get out of the train in the city and walk around.
  • Black box recovery missions should no longer be withdrawn as the player is flying away with the box.
  • Vehicles should no longer bounce and clip through ship lifts.
  • Hits should now properly register and pips should be relative accurate.
  • The 300i should should no longer experience improved acceleration at certain damage states.
  • Players should no longer dip between the transit platform and the train at Lorville, occasionally causing injury or fall through.
  • The doors on the Caterpillar should now be properly locked.
  • Buying commodities at an outpost should now change the inventory level.
  • Fixed an issue where mineable deposits would show up if the player was less than 1000 meters away when scanning.
  • Destroyed ships are now read only in the VMA, including in the hangar, preventing them from going into a bad state.
  • Passengers on other ships should now have their spawn location saved upon arrival at a new station.
1 Like

To go with the new Ship Customisation feature, there’s also an Origin Celebration Free-Fly event for Backers (i.e. I don’t think it’s available to anyone) running through until June 13:

From now until the 13th of June, every Origin ship currently in the 'verse is free to fly for all backers. Check your hangar to view the compact 85x, reworked 300 series, ultra-high-performance M50, and the epitome of luxury exploration, the 600i.

To fly, simply access any in-game ship terminal and select one of Origin’s celebrated luxury ships and set course for the ultimate in interstellar refinement.

1 Like

Ship customization looks pretty cool. I hope they expand it to other ships soon. And the cave stuff is amazing.

Oh yes! 600i here we go! Also keen to check out the 85x and the M50.

2 Likes