Star Citizen

Looks like they even have the spray tan skin tone :grinning: The hairstyles are cool. That qwif mullet looking one :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, you should be able to do a decent Trump :smiley:

1 Like

Updated Cellin. This is by far the blandest of the three moons, but the new planet tech makes even this one look spectacular. Just look at that dust detail!

2 Likes

Plus, I just just had my first ingame look at the massive Reclaimer salvage ship. This thing is huge!

1 Like

New feature for 3.1: Certain pirate ships now carry quantum dampening devices, so you have to destroy them in order to escape. This video also gives you a look at some of the updated combat visuals. The frame rate is a bit jaggy; patch is unreleased and still in testing.

3:10 is funny. Pirates have a bit of chatter again!

1 Like

I get a tingle in my groin every time I see this game, because I think it’s such an awesome concept (and the promised scope is really mind-melting). But I also realise I will never have the rig needed to do it justice, or the time to invest in it, so it’s always an ‘outside looking in’ scenario for me.

I just sit here and wait for EA and Bioware to remaster the Mass Effect trilogy for modern consoles.

But this is one of those games that, in a fanciful future, would be an epic place to plug your brain into (Ready Player One or Digimon Cyber Sleuth style).

2 Likes

Never is a long time… Most of the current performance bottlenecks are server-side, and those should be addressed this years thanks to a whole slew of updates being planned. I have a rig that is midrange at best, and on a stable server on a good day, 30+fps is very achievable. I’m pretty sure I could get 60 once all the optimization work is done. So don’t lose hope, you may become a star citizen yet.

1 Like

Looks better every time. You have a Razor! How’s it fly? Been contemplating swapping my M50 for it.

Also just seen that a3.1 has been released to PTU for everyone now. Worth the download now, or just hang on for it to go to the Live server soon do you think?

I don’t actually have a Razor :blush: They just opened up all the new ships on the PTU (all flyable ships now in fact) for testing purposes. It’s a lovely ship; huuuugely fast but very skittish and tricky to fly.

As for PTU; I’m pretty sure it’s going to go live within the next few days, possibly even by the weekend. So just hang on for a bit, unless you have time on your hands, and fast internet with plenty of gigs to burn.

2 Likes

Holy mother… the Bengal carrier is so long - almost 1km - they’ve had to build a sub-deck transit monorail into the ship so that players can move around quickly enough.

1 Like

From ATV? Still have to watch it.

Edit: Watched it. Woooooowwww…

1 Like

I had such a cool experience tonight! 3.1 adds the concept of service beacons, which allow you to give jobs to other players and pay them a fee. Currently you can ask for personal transport, or assistance in combat. I got stuck at Security Outpost Kareah when my ship somehow blew up. I put out a beacon asking for a lift, and sure enough, someone accepted it and gave me a ride back to Port Olisar. Below are some of the screenshots I took. It’s awesome how looking over my “taxi driver’s” shoulder, I could see everything he sees on his ship screens.

2 Likes

Turn the volume up for this one.

1 Like

As you suggested: Star Citizen Alpha 3.1.0 Publish to LIVE!

1 Like

Booyah! That’s great news. This patch makes a huge improvement to overall playability.

1 Like

It’s cool how there’s so much debris around the planet.

1 Like

Just a cool little gameplay moment.

1 Like

Ever since 3.0 the game has been running quite crappy for me. I’ve tried everything. 3.1 is running a bit better but still not as good as 2.6 was. I’ll keep waiting I guess. looks like they have performance upgrades in each release, so I’ll wait for the next one then, aka 3.2 in June.

Yeah, the system hit went up significantly with 3.0. Having 16GB RAM or more and running off an SSD is pretty much non-negotiable. They are apparently using the data from 3.1 Live to investigate some server degradation issues and hopefully fix them soon.

I have 16GB ram, just not running it of my SSD, I’ll do some cleanups and move the game and retest. So I guess I lied when I said I tried everything.