Star Citizen

Game keeps crashing for me with 3.1. I can get into the hanger, but there is no ship in there. And when I try to go to the planet or whatever the game just crashes after a very long load time.

Ships don’t show up in the hangar by default, you have to spawn then using the item ports (blue dots on the floor). As for the crashing, what are your system specs?

A bit of combat above one of the moons. More pirates bite the dust!

1 Like

Intel Core i7-3820
DDRIII 1600 4x 4Gb
GTX 1080

SSD or HDD?

Also, as per the patch notes, I highly recommend you go to the StarCitizen\Live folder, delete the folder called USER, then open the launcher, go to settings, and click Verify. This can sometimes help sort out some stability issues.

Cyclone cinematic reveal:

@Sweepslag, not sure if you saw this? If not, some nifty keyboard & mouse techniques for your SC videos to try maybe. Check the Notes on the YT video for details:

1 Like

Oh cool, thanks. I’ll give it a look.

1 Like

So for anyone who’s been on the fence and would like to give the game a try: This weekend they will have a free fly again for the first time in ages. Looks like you’ll be getting a choice of about three flyable ships and a ground vehicle to try out.

The free fly should become active later today (the 13th) and last until the 16th which is Sunday, but since they normally run these things off US time, I expect it will be active until Monday sometime SA time. I will post the link as soon as it’s live.

It’s a 40GB download, so plan accordingly. I was hoping for a slightly longer test window but there you have it.

On a personal note: You’ll be expected to create an account on the website in order to download and install the game. During account creation, you have the option of entering a referral code of the player that invited you. If you’re interested in maybe helping me earn a little recruitment swag, let me know and I’ll send you the code. I think using this referral code also nets you some extra ingame credits if and when you actually decide to buy the game.

2 Likes

I know I could google it, but links please?

As I said, the free fly is not live yet. Link to the website is here:

As soon as the free fly becomes active, it will be shown on the home page of the site. I’m expecting it to happen later today, so with any luck you can start up the download and leave it overnight.

1 Like

The “Fly Now!” link from the page the @Sweepslag linked to will guide you through the process of selecting a Game Package and then creating your account. The “Free Fly” link typically skips the choose a game package step and gives you a Free Fly code so that you can just create an account and use it to play without having to have bought a Game Package.

Am assuming Sweep is keeping an eye on it and will post that link as soon as it’s up, but in the past Free Fly’s have generally gone live in the mornings when the CIG office in LA opens - so anytime from around lunchtime - 6PM here I’d guess.

If you want to create an account in the meantime though: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist will take you straight to the Enlist page. And like Sweep mentions, use his Referral Code to score some extra credits if (when?!) you decide to take the plunge and buy into the game yourself. (IIRC, you need to spend a minimum of US$40 to activate the referral bonus, but with the base Starter Packages at $45 should be covered.)

(I need to go back to the old MyGaming thread to find the table of members that we had there with all the in-game names and referral codes. Will try to get to it a little later.)

2 Likes

Thanks for that Greg. Yes, everyone deserves a fair shot wrt the referral code thing, so if you find that table, please post it here.

1 Like

No worries. You deserve the referral in this case for all the good stuff you’ve added into this thread.

Important thing I should have mentioned earlier @Entity (and anyone else considering joining) : You do not have to buy-in or spend anything in order to create an account and play in the Free Fly weekend, BUT the referral code cannot be applied retroactively - you MUST include it at the same time that you create your account. So even if it’s unlikely that you will add a Game Package to your account any time soon, it’s best to include that Referral Code now in order to get the bonuses later.

2 Likes

Good point that. No monetary commitment of any kind is required for the free-fly, so you can test with no expectations.

1 Like

Looking through everything now I see I probably won’t be able to play it due to my pc not being strong enough. And $45 :fearful: Couldn’t do that either.

So jah, either way I’ll still just watch in awe at all your guys’ videos and screenshots.

Well the free fly is just that, free. You test the game for a weekend but don’t have to pay anything.

What are your system specs, if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

i5,12,1gig. It says it needs 4gig min graphics. And for such a good looking game, I don’t think I want to down the graphics :slight_smile:

Erm… Can you be more specific? Which chip, which card?

1 Like

Not entirely sure. just know it’s an i5. think the graphics is radeon 7200 or something. I’m a console gamer man! :smiley:

Eish… OK!

1 Like