MEW Name SC Handle SC Org Ref Code* Citizen #
Sweepslag Whiplash-1 Freedom Guards STAR-TRLC-G4YD 36851
Blazzok Fillie Imperium STAR-4X9X-NDFV 56549
Wyzak Wyzak Evil Kitten - 77425
Crzwaco Crzwaco - STAR-HS2J-YYX4 201728
GregRedd GregRedd Inti Universal Enterprises STAR-JMG7-6CDD 538781
CyberDemon wudang_wushu Wreck Raiders - 790397
Dragonic Dragonic87 - STAR-Q554-PJDJ 1057307

* New users apply a Referral Code when setting up your account and receive a UEC5000 bonus added to your starting cash.

Follow and add these Citizens to your game Contacts List using their Star Citizen Handles so that you can possibly meet-up in the 'verse for multiplayer shenanigans.

There were 2 other Citizens on the list from MyGaming that I can’t find on MEW: Buglish and ArchieChoke. Will happily add them back in if they can be identified here. And of course, any other Mewbs who may have signed up since and want to be added to the list.

2 Likes

Here’s a little story in pictures.

I went to the snowy side of Yela today.

Apparently some pirates had hidden away stolen goods here, and I was sent to their sneaky hidden outpost to get it back.

After admiring the beautiful scenery, as usual…

I got my weapon at the ready and went inside.

Pirates don’t clean up after themselves, it seems. Scurvy dogs.

The stolen container was conveniently parked on a nearby shelf…

So i duly retrieved it and stowed it safely aboard my ship.

One last look at this icy, frozen wasteland…

And then back to space to return the goods to their rightful owner.

And a bit of lens flare just for kicks.

2 Likes

Now here’s a little feature lots of folks have been waiting for…

1 Like

The free fly event is live.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/April-Free-Fly-Event

They’ve also discounted a number of starter packages.

1 Like

It looks so amazing. I look forward when it comes out one day.

2 Likes

$10 off atm

3 Likes

The Mustang Alpha deal is great value imo. $35 for a ship that sells for $30 as a stand-alone and full access to Star Citizen. What other MMO can you get permanent access to from Alpha development for just $5?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Mustang-Alpha-Starter-Pack-31-FreeFly

1 Like

I did not know you could store stuff inside the Aurora, the last, and only time I landed on a planet, I tried and could not manage anything, left the planet sad that my aurora will become useless in the Cargo era of SC. This makes me happy again :smiley:

1 Like

Indeed you can! You have to open the door, and place the crate inside. They recently added a feature to let you place crates by holding LMB which makes it much simpler than before.

1 Like

Had a really fun multiplayer experience over the weekend, trying out the freefly ships.

Me and my brother co-piloted a Cutlass to Daymar and watched the sun rise.

Then my nephew joined us in his Mustang. We had a little “who can spot him first” contest. The is no view distance limit in this game, so you can spot objects from many km’s way. Here he is on approach to the landing site.

We then spawned the awesome Tumbril Cyclone buggies and went for a drive through the dunes. There is another outpost around 36km from the one we landed at, and I was keen to see if we could make it all the way there in our buggies. The terrain was a bit too rough and rocky though, so we ended up calling it quits after about 6km. We then had an impromptu FPS gun battle between the rocks before the other two dropped off, and I decided to see if I could make it make to the outpost before my oxygen ran out.

Then, disaster! My buggie’s right rear wheel fell off from hitting one too many rocky outcropping (either that or it was fitted by an F1 pitcrew from this season). This left me 4km away from the outpost, with less than 20min of oxygen left. So, I started walking…

And walking, and walking, and walking…

Stay tuned for a video of my attempted hike back to see if I made it before suffocating in the merciless desert. :smiley:

4 Likes

Wanted to play, but since the game wants to use all 8gb of my 8gb ram i couldn’t really play it, got as far as lagging into my ship, spinning out if control during take off, eventually stabilizing enough to actually fly around, kept getting a message saying low on fuel, so i lagged to the nearest fuel place, sat there for about half an hour trying to figure out the tutorial instructions of how to dock, since i apparently had to use comms to request to dock, yet the station was not listed on comms, so i decided to call it quits before i crash into the place and ruin the game for myself.

From what i could experience i can say the following, i like the transition from space station to ship, i like how the game looks, even with the lag i could see how nice it was. Hopefully when i get some more RAM i can try again and get a better experience.

1 Like

Yeah, 8GB RAM is below minimum spec currently. This may change in future as they optimize and make the game more efficient, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

The low fuel hint is totally wrong, by the way. Your ships starts 100% fueled up. No idea why that is there. I find the hints annoying so I disable them, but obviously a new player would want to use it.

Hope you get another opportunity to try it out.

1 Like

In other news, the free flight weekend has been extended by two days, and will now be open until the 18th. So there’s still some time if you want to try the game out for free. If you have any questions, give me a shout.

I just want to try out the other ships and the Tumbril so this is good news. I have a weird issue with my aurora, once I fly off there is no quantum drive in my ship. But before I get in and check, it’s there.

Never seen that one before… How do you know the quantum drive isn’t there?

I cannot quantum travel, then when I open my mobiglass and navigate to the ship tool, all of my components show empty.

Very weird… Have you tried logging an insurance claim on the ship to see if it then spawns with all components? I haven’t had a bug like this in ages. Also perhaps try the old delete USER folder / verify files trick. Will see if there is a report on the Issue Council similar to this one.

Yeah I will try the claim, think I already did the USER delete, but can try again.

Some more cool shots from my recent play sessions.

1 Like