Starfield: Made for Wanderers

Captain Jack

Space trucker, hauler, and smuggler.

4 Likes

Iā€™m thinking itā€™s time to restart. I donā€™t really like the perks I picked at the start (I donā€™t use food crafting or melee combat) and I feel I havenā€™t been exploring properly. Everywhere I looked said to focus on main quest first so I wanted to see why and I did. Iā€™m still going to focus on that if/when I restart but just slow down averall. So far I go to a planet for a mission, do the thing and then go to next planet for the next mission. Here and there Iā€™ve walked around a bit but havent really surveyed planets or explored properly.

3 Likes

Not touching the main mission, focusing on other goals: 1. Enough money to buy the biggest ship I can find 2. The skill points to fly it.

Enjoying the ground combat a lot ;-). Making tons off cash whiping nasty pirates out of my universe.

2 Likes

Having similar thoughts this morning. Maybe not a complete restart, but I may go back a fair bit to one of my really early saves.

I got stuck last night with a (glitched?) mission that wonā€™t progress. Keep getting told to ā€œSecure the areaā€ but thereā€™s nothing there to secure the area against. Iā€™ve wandered around for thirty minutes, scanned every nook and cranny, exhausted every dialogue option with every one of the NPCs I can. Tried it twice with the same result.

Going to try and rewind to before I did the thing that got me started on this quest chain and take the other option I had at that point. If I can.

2 Likes

You should do the main mission (especially once you get a mission called ā€œinto the unknownā€). Trust me on this. I dont wanna spoil stuff. Lets just say the game introduces new mechanics that you would otherwise not get.

I restarted now and Iā€™m playing on Xbox now instead of PC.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Modifying and building a ship is hurting my head at the moment. It is quite the process but I will persevere and convert my huge ship that looks like a water tanker to look like a sleek exploring, killing machine!

From this

To this!

6 Likes

It reminds me of Star Control 2. Canā€™t wait to start it on Friday.

2 Likes

Finally today the Game Pass folks can join in!

6 Likes

That looks awesome dude! Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m even going to attempt building my own ship. Iā€™ll just save up some cash and buy one of the pre-made ones when itā€™s time for an upgrade.

2 Likes

So I can unspoiler my pics now?

:grinning:

3 Likes

Yay, Starfield day! Looking forward to playing this evening.

4 Likes

The peasants have been unleashed!

I loaded it up to get any final install/setup admin sorted but sadly work beckons

4 Likes

If you work from home, no one will know.

:smirk:

4 Likes

That is what I did, bought one and then modified to learn how to do it. The skill points you have to spend to build a big ship from scratch is pretty extreme so will only do that later in the game.

2 Likes

If I can offer one non spoiler tip to increase your enjoyment of the game: Donā€™t fast travel between one spot on a planet to another planet. Rather fast travel to your ship and jump to the system where you want to go. There are a LOT of really, really cool and fun little space encounters you miss out on if you donā€™t do this.

3 Likes

Me proudly standing on my ship for scale :wink:

4 Likes

Like the one where bounty hunters came a collecting, they were level 12 to my measly level 6. Needless to say, I got blasted to high heavens. And every time I loaded my game again it would load me at that same point in time, i couldnā€™t even fast travel as I was ā€œin combatā€.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s your problem for having a bounty. Why are you breaking the space law!?

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Turned in Whereā€™s Wally.

2 Likes