The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

That’s rough @Saint_Dee. Condolences to your group and to his family. And I second your reminder to us from earlier too: don’t wait to tell the people you care about that you care about them. Do it now.

2 Likes

not great news, all the best I know the feeling had a similar thing happen to me, played games have a great time and then… it a shit feeling.

Stay strong

3 Likes

random question

where can I look online for wall art - I have no idea what I want. just know I need it hue’s of blue/purple

1 Like

Condolences to you and your friends @Saint_Dee

@Wyvern You mean like a painting?

3 Likes

Well poop. I’m being audited by SARS this year.

4 Likes

Yea I need something new for my bedroom

my current one, had it for 15 years time for something new

2 Likes

Most people I’m aware of are being audited. Even my mother-in-law who’s a pensioner…

3 Likes

They tend to audit me yearly as well, last few years I barely get 100 back, where before anything between 3 - 5k

1 Like

First time for me, but until now my taxes were really simple. Salary - retirement - medical = R9k back. This year I had a small operation that depleted my medical aid, so I had a handful of sizable medical expenses out of pocket. It’s increased my refund a bit, so I’m sure that’s why I got flagged.

My one friend own a couple of rental properties, he gets audited every year as well… except this year, he got the all clear. I really hope I didn’t get his audit.

2 Likes

I am worried now, I am getting a big payout because of medical costs, how soon after you file through auto assessment can I expect an audit?

2 Likes

It should show automatically. There’s a line saying “Selected for Audit” with a Y/N. Our medical aid is in my wife’s name so she always gets selected for audit (which simply requires us uploading the medical aid tax certificate) but last year was the first time she had no audit.

2 Likes

Doh! That explains why I keep getting IT3b certificates suddenly.

2 Likes

Afternoon everyone.

4 Likes

I submitted just after noon on Friday, got the communication around 3 this afternoon.

3 Likes

That sucks @Avatar !

I was audited a couple of years in a row but the last two years I’ve been audit free luckily.

2 Likes

Morning

4 Likes

Good morning. :wave::grinning:

That cold snap that started in Cape Town last week and went via PE (or whatever weird name we’re supposed to be calling it this month) arrived in Joburg overnight. So thanks for that. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Morning people of the palace

@GregRedd go mad, its all yours (the cold is still here)

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

4 Likes

Only 3440 post to go before this thread is killed!

5 Likes