The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Morning

2 Likes

My area was hit pretty bad yesterday and last night.

I’m pretty grateful for the local community and private security companies who had to step up when SAPS and Metro couldn’t.

3 Likes

This is what worries me now. It’ll be like the start of lockdown again where people will stockpile.

2 Likes

The Cape will have a shortage, its a fact, we still have some stockpile left, but mum has decided to just get some extra’s today.

2 Likes

Watching eNCA now, it looks like parts of Durban are burning, I’ve seen entire factories burning. The presidents words last night were empty. Nothing has changed, it looks like the looting continues today unabated.

3 Likes

They have even started burning the squatter camps

2 Likes

76000 troops to ensure people didn’t put a foot on the beach during lockdown. 2500 troops to stand around and watch the useless SAPS as they in turn stand around and watch lawless looting criminal scumbags destroy businesses and infrastructure, create even more unemployment, shortages and economic hardship, plunge the nation into anarchy and shatter any vague illusion of what the rest of world think about us. At least we know where the priorities are.

3 Likes

Hey @shrike, where in sugar cane country exactly? Send me a PM, I am in the Ballito / Salt Rock area if you need anything!

1 Like

Think he’s a little outside Howick, or maybe Underberg?

2 Likes

Between PMB and Greytown. The garage shop 2km away has just been attacked half hour ago from this post. We are busy packing go bags and getting ready to run for our lives. The community is gearing up with guns and water tankers. I hate guns, I always have and swore I will never own one.

I want one NOW and I want to shoot any fuckers who show up at my gate in a group. The rational part of my brain whispers about taking a human life, the current me screams and will kill to protect.
I have turned into a raving madman in fear for the lives of his family and it has happened in the space of 2 hours.

It doesn’t take much, does it? And it certainly does not take very long for it to happen.

Will keep this group updated as the night goes on. Yes, I am panicking because the wolf is here.

6 Likes

Please stay safe!

1 Like

Stay safe @Shrike. Praying for you and your family.

2 Likes

Are you guys still ok?

You guys still ok out there?

1 Like

So far yes, some incidents in the sugar cane but the local farmers are mobilised with water tankers and guns.

5 Likes

We made Fox news :frowning:

My condolences to the people of Gwantang.

1 Like

The night was spotted with some fires set but the arrival of the SANDF in the closest town, the constant patrols by the armed farmers and locals helped keep us safe. So for now, we are good. Everyone is now waiting to see what happens this day.

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.

9 Likes

I hope you are all alright. My blood is boiling. I’m so angry.

My uncle’s farm and surrounding farms were burned to nothing.

I hate this country.

3 Likes

I don’t hate the country, but I’m really saddened by it right now. I had a chat with my business partner yesterday and we’re both of the opinion that the economic impact this had would affect our business enough that we’re considering emigration right now.

3 Likes

Morning

3 Likes