The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

The new swings…

vs the old

bearing in mind we still have to replace the damn astro turf which the kids picked apart and because previous trustees never bothered to maintain… we cant just leave the sand because we are a cat friendly complex… All of this needs to be done with like 15k which is impossible…

3 Likes

koop net off cuts astroturf en maak dit pas? :stuck_out_tongue:

Put a concrete slab and paint it green

2 Likes

I remember the swinging competitions to see who could get the highest. Some people always tried to stop us for some reason.

2 Likes

I remember doing those. There was always the promise of eternal glory for they who achieved the full loop, but none were successful

2 Likes

I’d be more worried about the barb wire on top of the wall than babies falling into sand :smiley:

4 Likes

56 posts were split to a new topic: Ice Ice Baby

all i have been doing today is trustee stuff… spent 2.5hr walking around making notes with a contractor for windows that need fixing and replacing, had the clubhouse properly cleaned and had trees cut by gardeners and then had to walk to the gate a bazilian times to sign moving out forms for ppl who are doing them last minute!

2 Likes

well great news my Job hunt is over :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congrats man. So what is the final city of settlement?

2 Likes

My new home will be Munich and home of my German football team so its kinda a win win

3 Likes

I have a 1on1 with my boss tomorrow so naturally my mind is reeling and I’m battling to sleep.

2 Likes

Sheesh this is also the coldest winter I have experienced since being in Cape Town, 4 years now I thinks.

2 Likes

Good luck @Beo !

It’s also the coldest winter I’ve experienced since moving to Johannesburg. Especially the last couple of years the winters didn’t really feel like proper winters.

4 Likes

Morning. Hope your Wednesday is not too wacky! :grinning::wave:

3 Likes

Whacky?

2 Likes

Do schools still do the Spring Day thing? It is a nice enough day for it today here in Joburg, but I agree with you - this Winter has been kak cold. And dragging on for ages. Just when we think it’s getting better, we have another cold snap. Hopefully this was the last one now.

2 Likes

The Mrs and I were actually saying last night how strange it was that our son hasn’t had to make a spring hat or something of that ilk.

2 Likes

Morning people of the Palace

I know some schools still do it.

3 Likes

Morning

3 Likes