The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Wait what? You’re not naturally from Joburg?

Good morning everyone.

4 Likes

Mine is, even though its raining.

2 Likes

Our son’s preschool is making a big day of it.

2 Likes

Haha no. I moved here in 2010. I did study here after school though.

In a Zoom now. We are telling the QS that we need the roof tiles for the project to be on site from end of September, even though the roof will only be ready for the tiles in October. We said we can store the tiles on site.

The QS: but can we store the roof tiles outside?

6 Likes

I feel your pain and frustration.

2 Likes

Well…? don’t leave us in suspense man!! Can you???

4 Likes

I love these guys

Hyper logic to the extreme

As long as the site is secure I should think you can store it outside? Or do you guys use shipping containers

but can you store them outside its something we need to know. Asking for a friend

1 Like

I guess it matter which side up?

1 Like

please hold thumbs going for another interview again today

8 Likes

Thank you to everyone who sent good juju my way for my kitten, she’s in recovery and has her checkup on Friday, it was a very close call (her butt,chest and tummy are shaved and she has a bald spot on her face where the feeding tube was taped)

7 Likes

The short answer is yes. Yes you can store roof tiles outside.

This was a question being asked purely for the sake of being part of the conversation. Half a second of actuall thought by the QS would have provided an answer. Roof tiles can be stored outside, where they will live, where they are designed to live.

8 Likes

I have a visitor.

5 Likes

See, if it was the IT guy, or the coffee lady, or the civil engineer (had to) that asked the question, I get it, but the QS of all people should have the XP to know that answer.

What do you get when you leave roof tiles in the sun?
Warm roof tiles.
What do you get when you leave roof tiles in the rain?
Wet roof tiles.
What do you get when you leave roof tiles in the snow?
White roof tiles.

5 Likes

I know this game.

What do you get when you leave roof tiles unsecured?
No roof tiles.

6 Likes

Are we talking Minecraft now?

2 Likes

What’s that on your right-hand screen, looks almost like an estimate, BOQ or procurement file of some time?

1 Like

MS Project Plan of a project that was supposed to be done in April last year. In between covid happened, the client changed their mind on the quantity of scrubbers they wanted, moved the location of the scrubber, put the project on hold, did a study to see if they can use a stack only (The solution to pollution is not dilution btw) restarted the project and now we cant use their existing dosing system and they want a conical bottom on the scrubber which is 5m in diameter. So the project plan just gets updated every 2 weeks with everything being pushed back. Kinda irrelevant by now. Oh and they still want the costing to be done by October.

EDIT: Long winded way of saying MS Project.

2 Likes

Covid screwed us over a bit. We got a new big client that basically paid for our software and we did a lot of work to customise things for them. We basically finished as Covid hit the world. And they were supposed to start working on it then.

They decided to postpone because their employees would be working from home and they didn’t want them to learn new software then. Fast forward to now and they decided to not switch over to our software without ever actually using it and even though they paid. The sucky thing is that we make most of our money not from selling software but by licensing fees.

1 Like