The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

I forgot about that one. I second that.

1 Like

Well, happy belated birthday Switch!! It may be two days late, but itā€™s been two amazing years.

4 Likes

Just found this game while looking at the current offers on the eShop. It looks pretty decent and is going for R117 only.

@Solitude as a fellow Souls fan, you might like this for your new Switch.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll have a look!

Soā€¦I saw this:

Which means I need Twitch Prime. But donā€™t you get Twitch Prime for free when you have Amazon Prime Video? And thatā€™s something like $3 per month for the first 6 months.

@SIGSTART, I think you know these things.

2 Likes

That moment when subscriptions become complicated.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly right. Sign up at primevideo.com. Itā€™s also possible that Twitch Prime includes Amazon Prime Video, but I havenā€™t tested that.

2 Likes

Woohoo! Will try that out tonight. Thanks @SIGSTART

2 Likes

It worked! Even when signing up to a trial of Amazon Prime video you get 3 months worth of Nintendo Online.

1 Like

Does anyone use a different controller for their Switch?

They joycons arenā€™t very comfortable for me and the pro controller seems pretty expensive

Iā€™ve got the same problem @Deadlypinecone. Iā€™d love a pro controller but itā€™s insanely expensive.

its a knockoff but its cheap

2 Likes

I see there are similar ones available in South Africa:

https://www.loot.co.za/product/orb-game-controller-for-nintendo-switch-black/jncf-5518-ga10?referrer=googlemerchant&gclid=CjwKCAjwiZnnBRBQEiwAcWKfYj7dgpuOP-v1FnQOZ1AExO8pYmBrmkyNH4CYLZHCtNK7XQ_BFRnvfxoCHWMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I wonder what they are like.

that one on loot is wired however.

i bought some knockoff Playstation wireless controllers, gamecube controllers and a wii pro controller and they work just like the originals. the gamecube one is recently bought is practically an original controller without the logo. some of the Playstation ones the buttons do feel a bit clickier

Hmm itā€™s tempting. My biggest concern is that Iā€™ve already imported 3 items this year. And apparently you need an importerā€™s code if you do more than that.

if you import via ebay or amazon they are normally strict but iā€™ve received about 7 packages since January without any issue. as long as you dont go crazy with purchases then i guess its fine

1 Like

Thanks, then I may just give this a try. Will have a proper look this weekend.

I too shall have to do some more research. Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

The pro controller is expensive, but it is a brilliant controller. Plus you have native PC bluetooth support. It really is amazing and I am so glad i took the plunge to get one.

Iā€™ve joined the Switch club - also picked up Zelda, Pokemon letā€™s go pikachu and Mario aces. Any tips / games worth checking out?

1 Like