The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

With the subscription you get access to selected NES and SNES classic games. It’s basically just an emulator but it does give you the ability to save at any time and also rewind if you mess up. You can also play two player locally as well as online. It’s pretty cool. As I’m typing this my sister and her husband and kids are visiting and we’re all playing the original Super Mario Brothers.

1 Like

I must say, I’m incredibly jealous of all you Switch owners right now. My news feeds are filled with Switch-related articles… The console and Nintendo games really appeal to me.

…and now I’m the lucky owner of a turquoise Switch Lite. First game I bought was Zelda Breath of the Wild. At the end of 2019, which other games are worthwhile getting? I noticed that Switch games are hella expensive, especially first-party games from Nintendo. Zelda is officially the most expensive game I bought at more than R1k!

3 Likes

Great choice for a first game! I’ve put over 300 hours in and as soon as I get a new controller I am going to restart it for a third time.

Other games I’ve played I can recommend:
Bayonetta 2 (1 is great as well, but 2 is damn near perfect)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Zelda Link’s Awakening
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (only if you like games like Xcom)
Golf Story

3 Likes

If I add the Nintendo games I want, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros and Luigi’s Mansion 3 all to the list, I’m sitting ar a R4k wishlist already… I might give Golf Story a go though, it seems cheap enough.

2 Likes

So, any tips on buying from other regions? I created a US account, but can’t pay with credit card or PayPal. Seems like vouchers are the only way to go… Any tips in where to buy digital ones?

1 Like

Why did you go with a US account?

Also it looks like big specials are coming this weekend.

1 Like

I have both ZA and US accounts on the Switch. There seems to be more games on special on the US store than the ZA one. Besides, accounts on the same Switch can share games. Where do you see the upcoming specials though?

1 Like

That’s cool, I didn’t know that.

@Wlad sent a pic of the upcoming specials. Not sure where he got it from.

1 Like

Got it from Reddit. But they don’t show any specials just when they’re starting (tonight).

2 Likes

Well, the sale started. A couple of games on decent discount that I’ll pick up. Gonna browse the US store soon as well to see if some Nintendo games are on sale.

5 Likes

Which games have caught your interest?

Just picked up Risk, I’ve played it before and it was quite fun.

2 Likes

Not much, sadly. Was hoping for some first-part Nintendo games but, aside from Mario vs Rabbids, there’s nothing except Golf Story. So I bought that.

3 Likes

Golf Story is amazing. Such a great little gem.

3 Likes

Bioshock Collection, Borderlands Handsome Collection and XCom 2 Collection all coming to Switch, end May.

3 Likes

I might just get the Borderlands pack for Switch. Should be fun to play on the go. Or in bed.

4 Likes

So where are all the Animal Crossing peeps? I know @Talentloos has it, anybody else?

I need to visit other people islands (or have them visit mine) I’m sick of going to same three islands via Nook Miles Tickets everyday, need to experience something new and maybe get some new fruit.

I have pears and peaches, need all the others.

3 Likes

Soooo… Why doesn’t the Nintendo eShop have a shopping cart yet?

2 Likes

I actually bought Borderlands yesterday morning, for full price. And then in the afternoon I get an email from Deku Deals that it is on sale. Just my luck.

@SIGSTART As for the lack of shopping cart. Who knows? Who can afford multiple Switch games at once anyway? The Switch tax is crazy high sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’ve even increased the prices recently. The voucher for two games used to be R1550 and now it’s like R1850. Skyrim on Switch is nearly R1200. Crazy.

Unless it’s a new release that I really want I won’t buy Switch games for full price anymore.

2 Likes

There’s a sale on… the only time you’ll see me buying more than one at a time :laughing:.

Of course everything is broken anyway. Getting an error in the web shop claiming I don’t have a Switch linked to my account. Maybe it’s better this way :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes