The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

I’ve never bought games from the web shop. Always do it directly on the Switch itself. I’ve heard that Witcher 3 is not on local webshop but it is on the eShop itself.

2 Likes
2 Likes

This is a must have. I’m super excited for this.

3 Likes

I must say, I was not the biggest fan of Monster Hunter World but this looks pretty good. I might buy Generations on sale (R249) at the end of the month.

2 Likes

Finally got my hands on a copy of Skyrim yesterday. It runs really great on the Switch. Motion controls are a bit gimmicky when fighting with sword but the bow and arrow and lockpicking is really cool with them.

6 Likes
4 Likes

I cannot wait for Hyrule Warriors. It’s releasing a day after Cyberpunk but it’s gonna give Cybeprunk serious competition for my gaming time. It looks absolutely insane. The map looks exactly like BotW and I cannot wait to learn more about the Champions and other characters from BotW.

3 Likes

Seeing as I cannot find a dedicated BOTW thread…

3 Likes

I decided to get a Switch Pro controller and ended up liking it more than the DualShock controllers for PS4. Since my PC has Bluetooth, I’ve even started using my Switch Pro controller for games I own on Steam or GOG, like Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

One thing I don’t get is why Nintendo never decided to adopt analog triggers. Nintendo was one of the pioneers in controller design, yet it seems to have abandoned analog triggers.

Comments on an old Reddit post point to a lawsuit, but there are plausible counter-arguments as to why a lawsuit alone may not be the only reason Nintendo has steered clear of analog triggers.

4 Likes

The lack of analogs is the main reason I still use the DS4 on PC. I have been meaning to try my Switch Pro controller for its dpad though.

I can’t believe that Ninty would omit this for fear of a lawsuit alone. Looking at the design of the consoles that followed the GameCube, we see a number of controllers where an analog might have been hard or unnecessary to implement:

Wii-mote: this had a single, digital trigger. I don’t think an analog trigger would be that useful or easy to use with the games on the system. I think many games favoured rapid, digital clicks.

WiiU pad: This was a rather big thing to hold. It might of been hard to really get an advantage through modulating an analog trigger, while keeping this huge controller safely held.

Switch: kind of the same as the WiiU. Also it seems we never get analog controls on handhelds. It was likely easier to go for a digital design as it’s more compact, and the Switch would often be put in a case. This doesn’t mean that the Pro controller couldn’t have analog triggers, but I doubt Nintendo would want to create this discrepancy between the Joy-Cons and Pro Controllers.

3 Likes

The music in this game :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The original Fire Emblem is being officially translated and released in the West!

3 Likes

I love this channel, their reviews and sale videos are great:

Got myself Ni No Kuni for R109 (using points for further discount) today and I’m quite chuffed with my purchase.

2 Likes

Abzu is R26.20 on the eShop.

4 Likes

I’ll grab it, as I never completed it on PC. This would make an ideal Switch game!

2 Likes

Pretty impressive stuff.

4 Likes

Midnight is so far away :sob:

4 Likes

Some new The World Ends With You, also on PS4

1 Like

The couch at the end should just be a bed.

2 Likes

Black Friday deals are live on eShop. Some good deals actually.

I picked up Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition for R192, but after points discount from Hyrule Warriors it came to R138.50

3 Likes