The Official TV & TV Series Thread

Locke & Key (Season 3)

Netflix | 10 August
(Teaser Trailer)

The past is always with us, you can try to run away but it’s always there. After their father is murdered under mysterious circumstances, the three Locke siblings and their mother move into their ancestral home, Keyhouse, which they discover is full of magical keys that may be connected to their father’s death.

Stars Darby Stanchfield, Connor Jessup, Emilia Jones, Jackson Robert Scott, Brendan Hines, Sherri Saum, Kevin Durand and Coby Bird.

The third and final season of Locke & Key streams on Netflix from 10 August.

1 Like

Wednesday

Netflix | TBC 2022
(Wednesday Reveal Teaser)

From the imagination of Tim Burton comes Wednesday—a twisted new series coming soon to Netflix. Wednesday is a sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday Addams’ years as a student at Nevermore Academy.

Follows Wednesday Addams’ years as a student, when she attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart and solve the mystery that embroiled her parents.

Directed (mostly) by Tim Burton. Starring Jenna Ortega in the title role, Catherine Zeta-Jones (Morticia), Luis Guzmán (Gomez), Isaac Ordonez (Pugsly), with Gwendoline Christie, and Christina Ricci.

8 episode Season 1 streams on Netflix in the near future.

Love that Christina Ricci is coming back in an “unnamed” role

1 Like

Manifest (Season 4)

Netflix | Coming Soon™

(Sneak Peek)

Follow the calling. Manifest Season 4 coming soon, exclusively to Netflix.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80241318

Netflix has saved it! Manifest is coming back to be finished properly!!

2 Likes

More from Geeked Week Day 1:

Sandman

(Date Announcement)

(Official Teaser)

Resident Evil

(Official Trailer)

The Imperfects

(Official Teaser)

The Midnight Club

(Official Teaser)

Warrior Nun

(Season 2 Teaser)

Guillermo Del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities

(Official Teaser)

1 Like

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

Netflix | September

(Official Teaser Trailer)

The series tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in Night City — a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he stays alive by becoming an edgerunner — a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.

Know More:

1 Like

More from Geeked Week Day 3 (Animation Day)

Entergalactic

(First Look)

Farzar

(Very NSFW Official Trailer)

Inside Job: Part 2

(First Look)

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

(Exclusive Clip - Maelstrom Gang)

1 Like
2 Likes

Ok so anyone who wants to try the Time travelers Wife, DON’T! Just don’t

1 Like

Oh dear. It’s on my holiday break binge list. Thought it looked okay in the trailer, and it was reviewing okay on IMDB at that point. What’s wrong with it?

1 Like

I read the book, the actor is decent, the lead actress is REALLY irritating. I just find her very condesending. I made it thru 3 episodes and gave up. The movie was better.

Dark Winds

AMC+ | 12 June

Follows Leaphorn and Chee, two Navajo police officers in the 1970s Southwest that are forced to challenge their own spiritual beliefs when they search for clues in a double murder case.

Set in 1971 on a remote outpost of the Navajo Nation near Monument Valley, Dark Winds follows Lieutenant Joe Leaphorn of the Tribal Police as he is besieged by a series of seemingly unrelated crimes. The closer he digs to the truth, the more he exposes the wounds of his past.

Stars Zahn McClarnon, Kiowa Gordon, Jessica Matten, Deanna Allison, Rainn Wilson.

Streaming on AMC+ from Sunday, 12 June.

1 Like

Irma Vep

HBO Max | 6 June

Art imitates life. Alicia Vikander stars in a new limited series based on the 1996 cult classic of the same name.

Mira, an American movie star who is disillusioned by her career and a recent breakup, comes to France to star as “Irma Vep” in a remake of the French silent film classic “Les Vampires.”

Stars Alicia Vikander, Vincent Macaigne, Jeanne Balibar, Devon Ross, Lars Eidinger.

Eight episode limited series streaming on HBO Max from 6 June.

1 Like

The Old Man

FX | 16 June

Dan Chase absconded from the CIA and lives off the grid. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the old operative learns that to ensure his future he now must reconcile his past.

Based on the bestselling novel by Thomas Perry, “The Old Man” centers on Dan Chase who absconded from the CIA decades ago and has been living off the grid since. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the old operative learns that to ensure his future he now must reconcile his past. With Dan Chase flushed out of hiding, the FBI’s Assistant Director for Counterintelligence Harold Harper is called on to hunt him down because of his complicated past with the rogue fugitive.

Stars Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow, Amy Brenneman, Alia Shawkat, E.J. Bonilla.

Broadcast on FX from 16 June.

1 Like

God’s Favorite Idiot

Netflix | 15 June

In God’s Favorite Idiot, Mid level Tech support employee Clark Thompson finds love with co-worker Amily Luck at exactly the same time he becomes the unwitting messenger of God. Also, there’s roller skating, a lake of fire and an impending apocalypse.

Stars Ben Falcone, Melissa McCarthy, Yanic Truesdale, Usman Ally, Ana Scotney.

Streams on Netflix from 15 June.

1 Like

Players

Paramount+ | 16 June

From the Peabody Award-winning creators of “American Vandal,” Tony Yacenda and Dan Perrault, Players is a comedic documentary-style series that follows a fictional pro League of Legends esports team, as they pursue their first championship after years of close calls and heartache. To win it all, they will need their prodigy, a 17-year-old rookie, and their 27-year-old veteran to put their egos aside and work together.

Stars Misha Brooks, Da’Jour Jones, Ely Henry, Taylor Misiak.

Streams on Paramount+ from 16 June.

1 Like

Black Bird

Apple TV+ | 8 July

When high school football hero and decorated policeman’s son Jimmy Keene is sentenced to 10 years in a minimum security prison, he is given the choice of a lifetime — enter a maximum-security prison for the criminally insane and befriend suspected serial killer Larry Hall or stay where he is and serve his full sentence with no possibility of parole.

Keene quickly realizes his only way out is to elicit a confession and find out where the bodies of several young girls are buried before Hall’s appeal goes through. But is this suspected killer telling the truth? Or is it just another tale from a serial liar? This dramatic and captivating story subverts the crime genre by enlisting the help of the very people put behind bars to solve its mysteries.

Inspired by true events.

Stars Taron Egerton, Paul Walter Hauser, Sepideh Moafi, Greg Kinnear, Ray Liotta (in one of his final roles).

Six part Limited Series streams on Apple TV+ from Friday, 8 July.

1 Like

New Trailer for Westworld Season 4:

1 Like

I am actually enjoying this and I generally am not a fan of time travel stories

2 Likes

Started it over the weekend, in between everything else. Only two episodes in, and I agree with you - very enjoyable watching. The Brits do these sort of dramas so much better than the Americans.

2 Likes

I’ve somehow managed to watch Reacher season 1 three times now, twice on my own and once with my girlfriend, I really hope they make a next season soon.

3 Likes