The Official TV & TV Series Thread

Dont

Just dont

Please, I want my 40mins back

1 Like

@czc The problem with the show is REALLY bad acting, really bad script and the fact that it feels like a Star Trek Accademy show - without the star trek. Even the “alien” race gives me a vulcan feel.

These days the CW has more misses than hits with their “scifi” shows. I am sad that this is the last season of Killjoys - it was really good.

Bulletproof ! this is actually not too bad, its like a poor mans, British take on bad boys, the entire season is 5 or 6 episodes

After Stranger things I started watching Silicon Valley why did I not know of this series before its amazing.

Bulletproof Looks quite cool. I loved Bad boys hope this is almost the same

1 Like

I decided to finally watch Jack Ryan and I’m really enjoying it. I love the fact that the bad guys are not just plain evil but have a back story. In fact the series really does challenge the America = Good and Middle-East = Bad stereotypes

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Witcher: The Netflix Series

Started watching The Loudest Voice. Excellent stuff. Russell Crowe in Emmy-worthy fat-suit and facial prosthetics performance. You won’t recognize him. Sienna Miller, Seth McFarlane and Naomi Watts are also in it. Tells the story of Roger Ailes, the guy who started Fox News.

1 Like

6 Likes

Agree ! Pandora is utter SHITE

1 Like

Picaaaaaaard…

I’m starting to believe this could actually be good.

Please, Jean-Luc, be the captain we remember.

2 Likes

Finally had time last night to watch the end of Stranger Things 3.

There is no America without Erica!

2 Likes

The boys - its a bit to graphic for me - not all of it which makes me keep watching. Plus Karl Urban that is all - but so far it is getting good reviews

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-boys-review-season-1-episode-1-amazon/

Another Life - Only watch this when you are bored - Katie Sackhoff and Tyler Hoechlin does not save this - even if he is topless.

3 Likes

Enjoyed The Boys. Was very graphic in places, stupidly so but the overall story was very good.

1 Like

Im still trying to watch that, its a bit to graphic for me. I am not a fan of shows that goes that far

Maybe more suited to posting over in the Petrol Heads thread, but it is a TV Series, so it counts here too. I’ll post a link there.

You can take the bokkie out of Benoni, but you can’t take the Benoni out of her! At last, a reality competition show that doesn’t involve cooking or being deserted in some random jungle. Our Charlize exec produces (and appears occasionally?) in a new reality car competition series.

Fast & Furious 9. Mad Max: Fury Road. The Italian Job. Charlize Theron is no stranger to thrilling audiences with an adrenaline rush of car-focused features. Well, now the Academy Award winner is bringing her real-life need for speed to Netflix’s new reality competition series Hyperdrive .

Theron is an executive producer on the streaming series, which launches Aug. 21 and is described by Netflix thusly: “Elite street racers from around the world test their limits in supercharged custom cars on the biggest, baddest automotive obstacle course ever built.

Hyperdrive is a 10-episode high-stakes tournament series where daring drivers from across the globe compete on one of the largest automotive obstacle courses ever constructed.

Hyperdrive will be a meeting of 28 of the world’s best underground drivers—male and female—at a 100-acre “proving ground” in Rochester, New York. Here, they’ll exercise skills developed across their various disciplines of motorsport to their advantage in a tournament-style competitive series, which will demand that they complete various difficult stunts on their way toward the top.

The trailer looks like a lot of fun.

All 10 episodes of Season 1 drop on Netflix on 21 August.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80189648

3 Likes

Cant wait for this

You trying to tell us something…?

1 Like

Hahahaha Trust me If I kill someone, you lot will never know :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wu Assassins on Netflix is pretty great. The special effects are a bit meh, but the fighting choreography is great and it’s a got a great cast. (Iko Uwais, Byron Mann, Lewis Tan, Kathryn Winnick).

1 Like

currently watching blood and treasure, its like relic hunter/tomb raider/national treasure all rolled up together