The Official TV & TV Series Thread

Picaaaaaaard…

I’m starting to believe this could actually be good.

Please, Jean-Luc, be the captain we remember.

2 Likes

Finally had time last night to watch the end of Stranger Things 3.

There is no America without Erica!

2 Likes

The boys - its a bit to graphic for me - not all of it which makes me keep watching. Plus Karl Urban that is all - but so far it is getting good reviews

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-boys-review-season-1-episode-1-amazon/

Another Life - Only watch this when you are bored - Katie Sackhoff and Tyler Hoechlin does not save this - even if he is topless.

3 Likes

Enjoyed The Boys. Was very graphic in places, stupidly so but the overall story was very good.

1 Like

Im still trying to watch that, its a bit to graphic for me. I am not a fan of shows that goes that far

Maybe more suited to posting over in the Petrol Heads thread, but it is a TV Series, so it counts here too. I’ll post a link there.

You can take the bokkie out of Benoni, but you can’t take the Benoni out of her! At last, a reality competition show that doesn’t involve cooking or being deserted in some random jungle. Our Charlize exec produces (and appears occasionally?) in a new reality car competition series.

Fast & Furious 9. Mad Max: Fury Road. The Italian Job. Charlize Theron is no stranger to thrilling audiences with an adrenaline rush of car-focused features. Well, now the Academy Award winner is bringing her real-life need for speed to Netflix’s new reality competition series Hyperdrive .

Theron is an executive producer on the streaming series, which launches Aug. 21 and is described by Netflix thusly: “Elite street racers from around the world test their limits in supercharged custom cars on the biggest, baddest automotive obstacle course ever built.

Hyperdrive is a 10-episode high-stakes tournament series where daring drivers from across the globe compete on one of the largest automotive obstacle courses ever constructed.

Hyperdrive will be a meeting of 28 of the world’s best underground drivers—male and female—at a 100-acre “proving ground” in Rochester, New York. Here, they’ll exercise skills developed across their various disciplines of motorsport to their advantage in a tournament-style competitive series, which will demand that they complete various difficult stunts on their way toward the top.

The trailer looks like a lot of fun.

All 10 episodes of Season 1 drop on Netflix on 21 August.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80189648

3 Likes

Cant wait for this

You trying to tell us something…?

1 Like

Hahahaha Trust me If I kill someone, you lot will never know :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wu Assassins on Netflix is pretty great. The special effects are a bit meh, but the fighting choreography is great and it’s a got a great cast. (Iko Uwais, Byron Mann, Lewis Tan, Kathryn Winnick).

1 Like

currently watching blood and treasure, its like relic hunter/tomb raider/national treasure all rolled up together

is it on netflix?

I tried it, I couldnt get into it

So, how I’m going to get access to Disney+ in November?

Move to the US?

2 Likes

I loved this series, watched it all in about 4 days. Cannot wait for season 2. Based on real people and events, although some cinematic license used in the telling of it.

Sort of like x-files in the 1950s

1 Like

I got halfway into it, and then gave up - but I suspect its more a case of me, Im struggling to concentrate on any new shows

1 Like

I see a pattern here: try everything, finish nothing!

3 Likes

Exactly!