The Official TV & TV Series Thread

Fallout

Prime Video | 11 April | Season 1 | 8 Episodes

Fallout is the story of haves and have-nots in a world in which there’s almost nothing left to have. Two-hundred years after the apocalypse, the gentle denizens of luxury fallout shelters are forced to return to the irradiated hellscape their ancestors left behind—and are shocked to discover an incredibly complex, gleefully weird, and highly violent universe waiting for them.

More excited for this than I was for the last couple of Fallout games…

5 Likes

3 Body Problem

Netflix | 21 March | Season 1 | 8 Episodes

A young woman’s fateful decision in 1960s China reverberates across space and time to a group of brilliant scientists in the present day. As the laws of nature unravel before their eyes five former colleagues reunite to confront the greatest threat in humanity’s history.

Spoiled for choice!

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to resubscribe to Prime for this!

1 Like

Could someone let me know if the whole Fallout series is released on launch day, or if it’s weekly? Want to make sure I only need to sub for a month :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All eight episodes were released simultaneously late last night/early this morning. A one month subscription should be good.

2 Likes

Nice, thanks :slight_smile: Going to avoid spoilers as best I can.

1 Like

Can’t decide if I liked it or not

I used my 7 day free trial for Prime (odd they let me since I had a paid sub a number of years ago). Watched all 8 episodes of Fallout. It was worth every penny!

5 Likes

Will check when i get home so i am avoiding spoilers as much as i can hehehe just hoping that they did it enough justice without pushing a weird story narrative.

3 Likes

Depends what you mean by weird :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

No spoilers.

I really enjoyed it. They captured the Fallout feel and vibe perfectly, especially the humour of it. It made me want to install a Fallout game (just not 76) and made me want season 2.

4 Likes

I felt exactly the same way!

5 Likes

Spoiler:

I laughed so freakin’ hard when Knight Titus tried to get away from the abomination bear :rofl:

1 Like

Dark Matter

Apple TV+ | 8 May | Season 1 | 9 Episodes

Jason Dessen is abducted into an alternate version of his life. To get back to his true family, he embarks on a harrowing journey to save them from the most terrifying foe imaginable: himself.

Based on Black Crouch’s best-selling book. Stars Jennifer Connelly, Joel Edgerton, and Alice Braga.

1 Like

Shardlake

Hulu/Disney+ | 1 May | Limited Series | 4 Episodes

During the dissolution of the monasteries in the Tudor era, Matthew Shardlake is sent by Thomas Cromwell to investigate the death of a commissioner in a remote town of Scarnsea.

Set in 16th century England during the dissolution of the monasteries, Shardlake is a four-part drama based on the first novel in C.J. Sansom’s internationally popular Tudor murder mystery series. The eerie whodunnit adventure follows lawyer Matthew Shardlake (Arthur Hughes) and Jack Barack (Anthony Boyle) as they work to uncover the truth behind a horrific murder. The two men are sent out on a mission by the dangerous and all-powerful right-hand man to Henry VIII: Thomas Cromwell (Sean Bean) — and failure is not an option.

As they race to uncover the mystery, Shardlake and Barack are met with hostility, suspicion and paranoia by the monks who fear for their future and will seemingly stop at nothing to preserve their order.

3 Likes

Presumed Innocent

Apple TV+ | 12 June | Limited Series | 8 Episodes

Based on The New York Times bestselling novel of the same name by Scott Turow, the gripping series takes viewers on a journey through the horrific murder that upends the Chicago Prosecuting Attorneys’ office when chief deputy prosecutor Rusty Sabich (played by Gyllenhaal) is suspected of the crime. The series explores obsession, sex, politics, and the power and limits of love, as the accused fights to hold his family and marriage together.

Senna

Netflix | 2024 | Limited Series | 6 Episodes

After Ayrton Senna, Formula 1 was never the same again. Fictional miniseries based on the life of Ayrton Senna da Silva, the Brazilian racing legend who won the Formula One World Drivers’ Championship three times.

Senna, a new limited series inspired by the life, career and relationships of the greatest Brazilian driver of all times, starring Gabriel Leone, debuts in 2024.

1 Like

New season coming 29 August.

2 Likes

Im VERY scared about this.

I know they can do it well, they should have given it a different name though, since there is the Senna Documentary already. as well as so many others

1 Like