The Official Xbox Thread

Forza Horizon 3 is being delisted; currently on sale is the ultimate edition

R344,70

R148.48

3 Likes

Not a bad price, I would prefer it to be cheaper still for a 4 year old title.

2 Likes

thats the ultimate edition that includes everything even the hotwheels addon and blizzard mountain. i think its worth it. i just want the hot wheels addon so hopefully it will be 95% discounted during the last week like they did with the forza motorsport 6 addons.

1 Like

Yeah ditto.

/sets a reminder

1 Like

crysis remastered Runs with raytracing on the xbox one X and PS4 PRO (yes you’ve read that right)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-crysis-remastered-your-first-look-at-console-ray-tracing

3 Likes

This actually makes sense since they had that Cryengine demo that did ray tracing on a Vega 56.

1 Like

It also announced that the Xbox Series S will have a R6,999 price tag in South Africa.

2 Likes

So R7k for a console capable of ray-tracing, 1440p 120Hz gaming, compatible will all older controller, compatible with all older games, and with Game Pass Ultimate with EA Play included, it is by far the best value and best option for gaming.

And with the Xbox Series X CONFIRMED at $499:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-x?xr=shellnav

Xbox has shown a MAJOR strong hand.

4 Likes

Its official Raise your glasses

EhelHhRWoAAPIYx

2 Likes

It’s a a very decent price, but that doesn’t automatically make it the best option for gaming for everybody.

Personally just having game pass on PC and then the rumored 4K Switch Pro and PS5 would be the best option for playing everything. All Xbox games will be on PC and then the Nintendo and Sony consoles for their exclusive lineup.

1 Like

Crap. Now I want an S. It’s a great price for undoubtedly a great console. I think it’ll be a day 1 purchase for me. The price of the X is a little hard to swallow, as I don’t have a 4k / HDR TV. Heck, my TVs are all el-cheapo 1080p 60Hz…

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ll be selling my XBox One X for cheap around the Series X launch if anyone’s interested.

I’m lucky that I have just enough eBucks to buy the Series X. Yay for eBucks!

2 Likes

With all this being confirmed and specs and all that tinsel etc, does this mean that the margin between console and PC gaming are coming closer and closer. I mean i look at those specs and honestly, that’s what you would expect from a mid range PC, along with performance, from the way the papers look.

Very exciting times for the (console specific) market indeed.

Keep me in mind.

3 Likes

So random, my Xbox just switched itself on. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced this before.

Im keeping my One X, as i like to keep all my consoles, i will get an S or X but not at launch, i first want to see the reliability and reviews on the hardware i’ll wait for a hellblade 2 bundle or a forza bundle.

The S is extremely good value for money as you are literally just paying R5500 for the console cause the controller alone is worth about R1500.

1 Like

hahaha… got to love Xbox Store :laughing:

5 Likes

I see pre-orders for the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S are open at Takealot and Raru.

No OneBox previews from Takealot, sadly:

https://www.takealot.com/microsoft-xbox-series-x-1tb-ssd-console-black/PLID70673128

https://www.takealot.com/microsoft-xbox-series-s-500gb-ssd-console-white/PLID70673129

3 Likes

Now that I have two Xbox… Xboxees, Xboxes, Xbox’s… Now that I have an Xbox and Xbox One X the wife and I can finally play co-op games without needing to be confined to one console or split-screen.

Apart from playing some Destiny, I have been thinking of playing some Gears of War, I’m pretty sure the entire campaign can be played through co-op? Does the same apply to Halo?

4 Likes

Announced Titles Coming to Xbox

• CrossfireX
  • 12 Minutes (console launch exclusive)
  • Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  • Far Cry 6
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Quarantine
  • Chorus
  • Ruined King: A League of Legends Story
  • Scarlet Nexus
  • Balan Wonderworld
  • Resident Evil Village
  • The Artful Escape
  • Echo Generation
  • Songs of Iron
  • Tunic
  • Sable
  • Bright Memory Infinite
  • Way to the Woods
  • Echo Generation
  • Outriders

Coming to Xbox with Xbox Game Pass

• Halo Infinite
  • Psychonauts 2
  • The Ascent
  • The Medium (console launch exclusive)
  • The Gunk (console launch exclusive)
  • Warhammer 40K: Darktide (console launch exclusive)
  • Exomecha (console launch exclusive)
  • Shredders (console launch exclusive)
  • Scorn
  • Skatebird
  • Dead Static Drive
  • The Good Life
2 Likes