The Official Xbox Thread

Clearly at this point that you need to take alternate steps and download an offline DRM and Region Lock free backup ISO that you can write to disk and store for your archive.

1 Like

Of the almost 350 games about 60 of those i am unable to play now if the console is not set to uk, then they complain when people resort to piracy

3 Likes

Phil Spencer doing his old “shelf teaser” thing again?

Don’t be surprised when it turns out that it’s exactly what folk are guessing it is. And that Phil will make an announcement about it during one of the year-end events.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Xstick

1 Like

No one has stock of the lunar shift controller yet and BT games are not sure when they’ll be getting it

2 Likes

Recently got a Series X but being a PC gamer, I am not controller-proficient so want to use Keyboard and Mouse for FPS games.

My question now is: How do a get a headset connected to the console?
I have tied plugging wired headphones into the controller and putting it to the side. It works, but because I don’t use the controller, it switched off every 15 minutes and I loose audio.

My existing wireless headphones with USB receiver doesn’t seam to work when plugging the USB dongle into the Xbox. Looks like I will need wireless headphones that sync directly to the Xbox.

Is Wireless my only options and is there any headsets that doesn’t cost over R2k.

1 Like

It would seem so, and you would likely have to go their proprietary route I’m afraid, if you want to save a USB port.

1 Like

I used to be a pc gamer only back in the day and then I won an XBox 360. It took me a long time to get used to playing with a controller but now I prefer it.

I even played games like Monster Train and Disco Elysium with a controller on pc.

An FPS I’ll still play with a mouse when I play it on pc but Halo, Wolfenstein and such I play with a controller on XBox.

So it’s difficult now but in the long run it may be wortwhile getting used to a controller. Once you get used to it, it’s more comfortable.

1 Like

What about trying something like a Bluetooth transmitter with a 3.5mm audio jack and pair it with a cheap set of Bluetooth earbuds? Something like this:

https://www.takealot.com/x1-wireless-bluetooth-receiver-music-transmitter-for-pc-tv-car-a/PLID91303835

X1 Wireless Bluetooth Receiver Music Transmitter for PC TV Car AUX Adapter | Buy Online in South Africa | takealot.com

Looks like this one needs to be manually toggled between transmit and receive modes, but other than that, shows that it does what you want if you plug it into the headphone jack on the controller? (assuming you have the headphones to go with it.)

Either that or looking at doing something similar through the monitor or tv itself if it has an audio out capability?

1 Like

Can you not set the time out on the controller so it never turns off?

2 Likes

I found that connecting the controller to the console with USB cable will always keep it on. Using wired headphones is fine because I’m sitting at a desk with a screen so the console is close by.

4 Likes

I understand that the Xbox branded headset can be a bit pricey, but aren’t there also other brands that also offer wireless connectivity?

i.e. Steel Series or Corsair

I know I have the Corsair Bluetooth, and while it doesn’t connect wirelessly, I was certain there was an option for that in their product suite.

1 Like

I just had to get it, couldnt wait till month end, just now its sold out

Trifecta complete

Lunar shift

8 Likes

Gorgeous :heartbeat::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

How many Xbox controllers are in your collection now then? I’ve always wondered if you use these beauties or if you have a more regular “daily driver” that you tend to play with?

1 Like

I only have 4 now, sold the robot white controller i had, the everyday controller is the regular black pack in controller but with upgraded metal thumbsticks

I only want to collect the ultra limited edition ones like the shift series i have now and the anniversary one etc, maybe i will get an elite controller one day if its on a special somewhere

2 Likes

These never wear down like the rubber ones

2 Likes

The reason why we have to wait so long for things like these controllers to drop here is icasa has to approve it, what tests do they have to do to approve really, ridiculous, they just want their damn icasa logo on the box

2 Likes

Where do you get those from? In fact, where do you get the controllers from?

1 Like