The VR Thread

Tethered is the cutest thing ever. At least until your little creatures start committing suicide because you didn’t give them what they need. :fearful:

1 Like

Finally set up my VR last night and played some Beat Saber. I saw the LoL song by K/DA was added into the game. Pretty neat.

3 Likes

I’ve been having some issues with my headset not connecting this week. I think it’s related to my USB 3 ports, and I’m hoping that getting a proper USB 3 PCIe card will solve the issue. Luckily it does work occasionally.

I have been playing a bit of Tethered, and while it’s really a great idea and shows some of the potential ways VR can work, I really wish the developers listened to user feedback, because it’s a very flawed game with some very annoying micromanagement. It kind of looks like they abandoned the game though.

I also refunded the following just because I can’t myself playing much of them:

Eleven Table Tennis (Too realistic, which means I suck as much as I do in real life :sweat_smile:)
Ocean Rift (it’s cool for a couple of minutes, then there’s nothing more to do)
Asseto Corsa (Spent more time trying to figure out how the interface works than I did playing it, and when I finally managed to play, the controls were all messed up. I’ll rather wait for pay day and get Project Cars 2 from the Humble Monthly, at least I know that works out of the box)

1 Like

Haha I suck just as much. But I kept it for showing it to other people.

1 Like

So the VIve Cosmos has been announced https://www.vive.com/us/cosmos/
But it looks like just a better WMR headset :confused:

1 Like

Everyone is speculating that the date is when it will be released, but I’m wondering if it’s just going to be when it gets revealed.

2 Likes

Wait a sec… What is this? Didn’t they just announce the Cosmos?

Cosmos is from HTC. It looks like Valve is doing their own thing now.

Aaaaah I see. That’s cool man. Love the fact that there are many variants of VR Headsets. Looks like this will be the year of options. Waiting on WMR to announce something, but seems like the manufacturers will just do their own thing, like HP that announced an update recently as well. Only problem is WMR also needs to go 4 cameras

Just watched a clip from Saffer YouTuber Bobotron that looks hella fun for those VR-enabled MEWBs.

Free to “experience” on Steam or from the Oculus store:

2 Likes

Oooh, interesting, think I will definitely look at this.

Also since I am a sucky thread owner(thanks Gregg for reminding me of this thread)…
Here is some old news that is pretty damn awesome and it’s coming real soon!

2 Likes

I know there is a thread. But, it has come!

3 Likes

I played a bit and it’s looking amazing so far. Played until the game crashed and then noticed I felt a bit of motion sickness so I stopped for the night. I also see nvidia launched a new game ready driver for it. Looking forward to playing it further tomorrow night.

3 Likes

The developers of GRIP have added VR support, it works really well, if you can stomach it.

3 Likes

Pro tip if you’re using Windows MR controllers, don’t buy Eveready batteries, they are utter shit. My controllers keep shutting down after a few minutes with brand new ones.

Duracell Plus Power seemed to work WAY better. Too bad the shops refuse to sell batteries right now so I’m square out of luck.

1 Like

My wife is going to the shops tomorrow. Gonna ask her to see if she can get some rubbing alcohol. WMR controllers have an issue with their battery contacts being dirty somehow. But if you use 1.5v batteries this issue doesn’t give the crappy low battery issues. I suck at explaining things but there is a good thread on Reddit about it.
I previously got decent battery life by spraying the crap out of the controllers with electrical contact cleaner but it last about a week or so and now I’m out of cleaner. So I’m ready to try the opening it up and cleaning with alcohol method.

1 Like

Ordered some more Duracells from Takealot. Will see if they actually deliver and how well it works.

3 Likes

Yeah hope it helps. I had the energizer 1.2v 1500mah, constantly low battery. Switched to the Duracell 1.2v 2500mah, constant low battery still. Hopefully you’re not getting the same Duracells that I got. I fear you might have the same outcome.

So, got the alcohol, not the liquid unfortunately but the pads.
Worked just as well :smiley: Did the one side just as a test

They were both on the same level before, now the one I cleaner had a much higher level.
Then proceeded to do the second controller

Tada!

Did a quick round of failing the new Beat Saber songs on Expert and happy to report the levels still look good. So it’s not that initial point where it shows full battery but a few minutes it’s low. I’ll play some Alyx on Friday(perhaps tomorrow) and see how it goes. But happy so far.

1 Like