Time for a 2023 Gauteng Kuier?

As @Flex said earlier this year:

The Cappies hosted an impromptu Canadian meetup :stuck_out_tongue:

Its been ages, should we start organising for sometime this year and give everyone a chance to calendar it?

I think we had the previous ones in November/December? But that may already be too busy?

Post your proposals below.

Tagging previous attendees:
@FarligOpptreden (although youā€™re probably firmly Cape Town now)
@MetalSoup
@SIGSTART
@wenzdayz
@Solitude
@DarthMol
@DieGrootHammer
@Tom
@czc
@FriedPet
@Blazzok (Not sure if youā€™ve emigrated)
@Donisia
@Flex
@qornea

Open to everyone else too.

5 Likes

Maybe one day this year I will be able to visit you guys and meet up!

3 Likes

Iā€™m indeed firmly in the Cape now. Will be here officially 4 years on 1 Aprilā€¦ Canā€™t believe time has gone past so quickly. But you all should enjoy the kuier!

3 Likes

I could have told you it would happen like that - the Cape just sucks you in!

1 Like

It has been a long time since the last get together. Iā€™d be keen but would suggest not in the busy time of November/December.

6 Likes

Keen for another one yeah. Feels like our little community has dwindled a bit, so would be nice to see everyone again.

3 Likes

Lets chose a month and proceed from there?

• March
  • April
  • May
  • June
  • July
  • August
  • September
  • October
  • November
  • December

0 voters

2 Likes

@Blazzok emigrated to Australia and he is happy there.

2 Likes

I forgot about this with all the things happening. Will leave this open until next Sunday and see where it takes us.

So far May or June seem to be the majority choices.

Still time to vote.

2 Likes

@MetalSoup
@SIGSTART
@wenzdayz
@Solitude
@DarthMol
@DieGrootHammer
@Tom
@czc
@FriedPet
@Donisia
@Flex
@qornea

We have a tie for May or June chose one.

• May
  • June

0 voters

Also start suggesting locations.

Also @GregRedd youā€™re also a GP MEWer? You fancy joining?

PPS @Ani will you be in SA by May/June?

3 Likes

I am, but with a very unpredictable schedule. Iā€™ve refrained from committing to anything just in case, but keep me as a ā€œdefinite maybeā€ depending on how things pan out.

2 Likes

We can wait for @Wyvern to come visit.

3 Likes

Might be a, while still!

2 Likes

I will be back in SA, yes, but I also have a potential gig in The Gambia and I also have trips to Durban and Cape Town to do in May and June. So if Iā€™m available, Iā€™m available, and Iā€™ll happily join you guys. If Iā€™m not, Iā€™ll Skype in via @SIGSTART. As to location, if you pick a pet friendly place, the one and only Sydney doggo will be very happy to join you all. Irene Mall, The Big Red Barn, or maybe our new backyard? Hehe

1 Like

Big red barn is a lekker place, agreed

1 Like

Please tell me its big and red and a barn.

2 Likes

Dewdā€¦ you have no idea!

2 Likes

Okay guys. Looks like its June.

So gooi dates and places

Unless you want to stick with the Big Red Barn?

1 Like

Just wanted to let you know that Sydney and I will be back in GP in time for the weekend of the 24th/25th of June. So basically the last weekend in June. Before that I will be in Cape Town and Durban for work with Syd. So if the meetup is that weekend, I vote Big Red Barn or a restaurant at Irene Mall. Both places are pet friendly. Itā€™s Month end, so a reservation will be essential.

If you go for a date before the 22nd, feel free to go wherever you want to! Lots of awesome places to meet up in GP that doesnā€™t break the Bank. Bosvelder in Centurion is nice for groups too.

1 Like

Aaaaand that entire travel plan has just been thrown out of the window. Will have to get back to you tomorrow on my new dates in GP.

1 Like