Video of the Day

2 Likes

Right in the nostalgias!

1 Like

:frog:

4 Likes

For some reason due to piano day it reminded me of whose line is it anyway?

5 Likes

When Ryan breaks literally everyone… my hero.

2 Likes

it’s freaking great,I nearly pissed myself, holy moly, I wish there was somwhere you could still get the dvd’s of these US ones, as they really are the best, would really like to archive them

2 Likes

This one is probably my favorite.

3 Likes
2 Likes

isn’t Project Athia the flagship demo they showed for PS5 launch?

2 Likes
1 Like

It is a bluedrake…

Edit: Youtube embed why have you failed me :expressionless:

EDIT: fixed that for you.

1 Like

This is what happens when tech needs to be dumbed down for the masses:

Also comes in handy to show people this when they say “I don’t understand technology”
(oh the irony)

3 Likes

I’ve seen this video a hundred time and never gets old.

As a UXD I don’t particularly think it’s a matter of “dumbing down” technology or an app, but more a matter of intuitive navigation patterns and logical behaviour patterns that make it seem to “simple”. Not something that is easily done. I watch my 1yo navigate through certain elements on my phone and it also surprises me how quickly and easily certain patterns are learnt and picked up.

3 Likes

I have a problem with UX being purely focused on design and interaction. Quite often the architecture of the back-end hugely contributes or detracts from a good experience. Transitions can be used to great effect to hide longer-running and loading processes, but must be used sparingly to not break from the fluidity and speed of the software.

I’ve been involved in too many apps and enterprise solutions to accept that UX is only design and interaction. Every part of a software offering has to be approached from a UX perspective if a user is involved with it.

4 Likes

I have to admit, I used the term “dumbing down” because I’m a bit of a psychopath :stuck_out_tongue: I find modern UIs to slow and clunky for my train of thought. If I have to wait for a transition before I can input my next command, half the time my mind is already on the third and I forget the second.

A very mild example would be on most Linux lock screens I’ve used, the screen can be blank, and you can just start typing your password. If I go to a windows 10 machine, I have to press a key, and wait for the password screen to scroll up before I can actually attempt logging in (I’m not talking ctrl-alt-delete, that has/had its purpose).

3 Likes

I agree completely and wholeheartedly.

2 Likes

Hi all, with it being Easter Sunday today I thought I’d share a virtual choir song with you from our Church. Over the past year I’ve had to become a bit of a self-taught video editor. This was my first attempt at putting something like this together. It’s certainly a lot harder than it looks!

Unfortunately a weird flickering issue crept into the final render - and with that render taking a mammoth 9hrs plus to process we had to bite the bullet and upload the video anyway so that it could still go out on Easter Sunday. I am really happy though about how the audio came out :blush:

It is a very Christian song - but even if you are not of that faith you may enjoy the singing and harmonies. Be blessed!

6 Likes

Love that, thanks for sharing bud.

2 Likes

Nice man, that is well done. Also which one is you? :eyes:

1 Like

I’m the guy in the black shirt. Also my musical family are all involved. It’s my mom to the left of me, my dad on the right in the top row and my sister is the soloist.

2 Likes