What are you playing now?

I have to agree, couldn’t get into watch dogs at all.

We are giving borderlands a break and started with far cry 5.

2 Likes

Path of exile for the last 3 weeks, pretty good fun but also heavily designed towards the very expensive micro transations.

2 Likes

If you do the high tier maps you can get some awesome drops, you can also put items on to make your drops better

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ludonarrative dissonance — when an open world disconnects you from the game’s story

I Still mostly play Diablo 3 seasons and now i picked up Dirt 2. looks like a cool drive and go type game.

2 Likes

Have you joined our league?

5 Likes

not yet but I will

4 Likes

@DarthMol how is Fall Guys for you? I want to get it but I’m worried about latency.

2 Likes

It’s a lot of fun. Pretty tricky too but not because of latency. The net code seems to be really good, in that I have not noticed a delay. The only minigame where it’s possibly noticeable is in the Egg capture game, where picking up the eggs doesn’t feel as immediate as it should, but it’s hardly bad. The platforming is 100%, no issues there.

3 Likes

Would you recommend playing The Surge 1 before 2 or just jump straight to 2?
I tried the 1st one for a bit before my hard drive crashed, but wasn’t really getting into it.

1 Like

I don’t think it really matters to be honest. You might get a bit of better grip with the control mechanics but story wise I don’t think it’s completely necessary.

1 Like

The first one is a pretty mediocre game and they fixed a lot of problems in the 2nd one. The 2nd one feels much more streamlined. The story does continue from the first one to some extent but overall I think you can skip it since there’s so many games out there.

However, have you played Dark Souls? I can’t remember if you played any soulslike games before and if not then rather go with the one that sparked everything because it’s amazing. @Beo starts drooling when he reads the name.

1 Like

Bold words for someone who has not played Demon’s Souls. The true one that started it all. :stuck_out_tongue:

/
PS4
Greedfall
Nioh 2

PC
Remnant: From the Ashes
Yakuza Kiwami 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles DE
Thronebreaker

Want to start Darksiders Genesis on Xbox one sometime this weekend.

1 Like

I thought about Demon’s Souls but then Dark Souls was the one that made it famous. Also Demon’s Souls is an exclusive so @Viper can’t play it. :smile:

1 Like

That’s debatable. If there was no Demon’s Souls there would be no Dark Souls. Also Demon’s Souls was only released in Japan but the game became so popular (famous) that it went to the rest of the world. But we can actually go back even further to King’s Field which some people swear is the origin of the series.

Either way, if he has a PC he can play it with very little hassle.

RCP3 is actually in a pretty good state right now and Demon’s Souls runs better using it than on PS3.

2 Likes

Ah cool, I must try that.

1 Like

I have not. From what I’ve heard, it is extremely difficult and constantly dying isn’t really my thing. I do have Dark Souls here somewhere in one of my libraries though.

3 Likes

Currently playing Plague Tale. Should be almost finished with it and though I wouldn’t usually choose a game like this, this is surprisingly good.

I’m also trying Mutant Year Zero. I quite like it (after XCom, I’m more open to turn-based games), but it is buggy as hell. Crashes to desktop a lot. I’ll give it another go after Plague Tale.

3 Likes

If you don’t like dying then you probably won’t like The Surge 2 since it follows the same soulslike formula where you die a lot but it’s part of the progress. Hmmm I do find it a lot easier than the Dark Souls games though so it may be a nice entry point.

I really wanted to like Mutant Year Zero but played it about a third or so in and decided it’s not for me.

1 Like

The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan (XBox One)
F1 2020 (PC)
Far Cry 4 (PC)
Darkwood (Switch)

1 Like