What are you playing now?

Finished Alan Wake 2. Waiting for the DLC. The references to Control are clear throughout the game, although I think I’d have to reinterpret the ending of Control’s last DLC based on my playthrough of Alan Wake 2. But maybe I’ll replay Control sometime and see then.

For now, I’ve started up Assassin’s Creed Mirage. I’m hoping it isn’t as long a game as the previous ones, but I’m in the mood for a game like this.

The next games in my queue (after AC):

• Cyberpunk (with DLC)
  • Dying Light 2
4 Likes

I finished The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope and I really enjoy those games so will play the next one in the series next.

Currently busy with:
Diablo IV Season 2 - PC
The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes - PS5

2 Likes

How is S2?

Good. Lots of improvements over the first season.

2 Likes

Agreed, I am also playing it a lot! Hoping for a nice special on BG3 on the steam sale next week.

3 Likes

I finished The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes and it was very good.

Next up is:
F1 Manager 2023 - XBox
Diablo IV Season 2 - PC

3 Likes

PC
Max Payne (1)
Grim Dawn
Remnant 2

Switch
Super Mario RPG

PS5
Like a Dragon Gaiden

I ordered a 4K TV today so when that comes I’m going to test a bunch of games on it. First and foremost Alan Wake 2.

2 Likes

Getting bored with Diablo IV season 2, its fun with friends but we don’t have time online often together. Contemplated buying Baldur’s Gate 3, even though it is not on special, but realised that I like the idea of turn based combat but it frustrates me usually in practice.

Instead I bought Icarus on special, a survival game with some interesting twists. Will see where it take me.

I do know that I am planning to play Avatar from Ubisoft when it releases on the 7th December. The price is steep (R1400) but playing it through their monthly club system (R350) should do it. I suspect I will finish it in 2 months, especially over the December holidays, which I am fully intending on staying home for :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

F1 Manager is interesting but it feels a bit too much like work. Especially around this time of the year. Can do with a break.

So now I’m playing:
Ghostwire: Tokyo - XBox
Diablo IV Season 2 - PC

4 Likes

Death Must Die - MacOS, in early access.
Roboquest - Xbox, finally out of early access.

3 Likes

How is Death Must Die? I saw it described as a combination of Vampire Survivors and Hades?

Throw in a bit of loot-based (Diablo-like) gear and you’ve got yourself a winner. I love it!

3 Likes

Finally finished Elden ring. Was ok but have realised souls like just isn’t for me.

Guardians of the galaxy next.

6 Likes

Dave the Diver

4 Likes

It’s magical.

1 Like

Assassin’s Creed Mirage
It’s ok, but I find it underwhelming (pretty much like the previous AC). Plus they left us hanging at the end of the previous game (on the outside world) and in the new game thus far, nothing. Everything is just inside the Animus with no details of what is happening outside. Will see if I change my mind closer to the end.

1 Like

Wii U

Super Mario 3D land
Yoshi’s Wooly World

PS
Atomic Heart

Xbox
Forza Horizon 5

1 Like

Finished the first map in Steamworld Build, quite fun, uses a simplified style of Anno building and productions trees, which I definitely liked.

They released a chunky 7GB update for Dungeons 4, which helped with performance, so playing that now.

Also downloaded “While the irons hot” on gamepass, so far a nice chill game about blacksmithing.

4 Likes

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is almost done downloading, releases tomorrow night.

Instead of paying a fortune (R1400) for the game and playing it for x time, I “rented” it for a month (R300). I am tired of paying so much money and finishing a game in a month. Renting it makes so much more sense. Thankfully Ubisoft has such a feature called Ubisoft+.

4 Likes

I’m still alternating between a dozen games or so. Most recently, I added the Metroid Prime Remaster to this collection.

It was on sale and I had some expiring Nintendo points. I downloaded it “just to check” what it looked and controlled like. I’m still at it, some 7 hours later!

3 Likes