What are you playing now?

For a moment there I thought you meant AC as in Assassin’s Creed and I was about to…

3 Likes

4 Likes

I finished Heavy Rain last night and besides the horrible controls, the story and game was very good. The story really caught me by surprise.

Next up:
XCOM 2 Collection.

I played XCOM 2 in 2017 and loved it but it was without all the DLC.

4 Likes

I kind of liked the controls at the time, but yes, they aren’t for everyone. It definitely was a David Cage game (for better and worse) but I enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Wow, quite late with playing Heavy Rain for a first time. But I think the game holds up quite well even today.
Have you tried any of the other Quantic Dreams games? Beyond Two Souls and Detroit.
I started specifically looking for their games after completing Indigo Prophecy years ago and have been a fan of their stories ever since.

4 Likes

Since EPIC made it free, I am playing the new Saints Row, so far so great, a bug here and there, but nothing game breaking and nothing that actually bothered me, gonna see if I can 100% it.

5 Likes

I played Indigo Prophecy many many years ago and loved it. Since then I’ve had all the Quantic Dreams in my wishlist as they came out. My wife played them and for some reason I just never got to it.

So finally doing it now. :slight_smile: Will play another one after XCOM 2.

3 Likes

Their stories are great though, even if the controls are a bit weird.

XCOM 2 is awesome too though. Have replayed it multiple times and it is one of my default go-to games if I don’t know what to play. :slight_smile:

For now though, I’m taking my time with Cyberpunk.

3 Likes

I’ve been enjoying some city builders lately, courtesy of Game Pass:

Played through Steamworld Build which is a great combo of a simple Anno game and Dungeon Keeper when it comes to the underground mining. Had fun playing through it.

Currently playing Against the Storm after seeing it garnering some praise in reviews. It takes a awhile to get a grasp on it but the more I’m playing the more I see how good an idea it is to combine a city builder with roguelike (roguelite) elements.

For some Coop fun I’ve been playing The Forest with some friends and it is a real jol. It still has some of the most realistic and satisfying crafting, the enemy AI keeps it tense and interesting and the spooky caves are especially entertaining when you have a very nervous team mate who freaks out eassily :grin:

2 Likes

PS

Like A Dragon Gaiden The Man Who Erased His Name

4 Likes

After BG3 I started playing WH40k Rogue trader from steam. It is an average CRPG, nice lore though, I have always liked the Warhammer 40k universe.

Tried Against the Storm on game pass and quickly realised why I don’t play city builders.
Tried Atomic Heart, liked the graphics and then got stuck retrying to jump off from some pipes to a ledge and uninstalled it, I don’t need frustration in my life.
Playing Ghost Recon Wildlands, I am rather enjoying my second attempt at playing it. I dropped the difficulty and now it is fun and relaxing.

Will be toddling along switching between Rogue trader and Wildlands and when those are done I will start Dredge, which I bought on Steam and have not yet started. It strikes me as the kind of game you need to focus on.

1 Like

What an amazing game, and super relaxing and chill. I love it.

1 Like

FTFY :rofl:

I got gifted Neon White. What a game! It’s a speedrunning, action game. Not usually something I like, but this one feels so sweet to play.

Crisp controls, beautiful aesthetic and a catchy soundtrack make this hard to stop playing.

2 Likes

I played through the campaign of Power Wash Simulator over the holidays, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am on Shin Megami Tensai III: Nocturn (HD Remaster) now. I think this is my first non-Persona SMT game that I’ve played, and it holds up real well. Excellent dungeon crawler.

4 Likes

Xbox Series S

Still thoroughly enjoying Monster Hunter World again. Sadly I don’t have the budget to get the Iceborne DLC while it’s in sale

2 Likes

PC

Bright Memory Infinite

PS

Syberia - The world before

2 Likes

PC
Grand Theft Auto III (OG not remaster)
Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance
The Sims 4

PS5
God of War Ragnarok
Like a Dragon Ishin

Switch
Super Mario RPG (loadshedding is back so I’ll finish this any day now)

3 Likes

connected the 360 to live again to download all the titles i have before 360 live gets shut down later this year and what a nightmare, just to log into your xbox account since the 360 needs a special app password cause it does not support 2 factor authentication.

Anyway once in i downloaded my titles and some games i havent touched in a while, that are not compatible bc with the current xbox consoles and some games like soul calibur 5 and virtua fighter 5 really holds up and still looks amazing.

3 Likes

Apart from Monster Hunter World on Xbox, I’ve been sinking a tonne of time into Death Must Die over on Steam.

1 Like