What are you playing now?

I know that not everyone agrees but Fallout 4 is the best for me. Good graphics, great stories and combat physics. The homestead system is a great new addition but not fully realised but there are mods to fill that gap. Also the Brotherhood of Steel really plays a great lore part in it. Fallout 76 to be avoided at all costs.

2 Likes

I agree. Also a big fan of Fallout 4.

Be aware that Fallout 4 might require slight tweaking - the physics engine is tied to the fps, so on my desktop I had to limit the game FPS in my gfx software to get it to run properly.

Avoid FO76. Even FO4 looks dated without mods, so I’d say looks wise any one of FO3, FONV, and FO4 are fine to start with. I disliked the homestead system in FO4, so I’m replaying without it. I enjoyed FO3 for it’s storyline, even though it wouldn’t win any writing awards. FONV is a lot closer to the quintessential Fallout humour, but it also had by far the most bugs for me when I first played it. I might attempt a replay after FO4, though.

2 Likes

I spent like 3 hours installing New Vegas and following the Viva New Vegas guide to install all the bug fixes etc. only for it to run like absolute garbage on my PC. I tried every fix I could think of but nothing works. In the end I just deleted it. I also tried 3 on the Xbox and I was suprised how good it looks and runs on the Series S but I probably won’t stick with it. I’ll just wait for teh patch for F4 this week.

What I’m playing now:

PC
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Remnant 2 (new DLC drops tmw)

PS5
Dragon’s Dogma 2 NG+
Final Fantasy 16 NG+
The Crew Motorfest

Xbox
Fallout 3 (just messing around)

1 Like

I’m hoping this will be fixed with the new patch dropping on the 25th. They say they are adding “Widescreen and Ultra-widescreen support”. Ok, ultra-widescreen I can get, but the game came out in 2015… Is 1080p not considered widescreen anymore?

I’d say start with Fallout 4. If you like it, you’ll enjoy Fallout: New Vegas, which is deemed the best one. You know you’ll have something to look forward to.

:frowning:

• The “next gen” patch does not introduce any graphical improvements.
  • The new ultrawide support has a poorly stretched user interface that will require a user made patch⁠—basically the same solution ultrawide gamers were using before the update.

1 Like

Manor lords. Very enjoyable so far.

6 Likes

I finished Uncharted 3 and didn’t like it as much as the previous two. It would have been much better if I didn’t die more times than in all the soulslikes I’ve played over the years. I think easy mode was broken. Had no problems with the previous two games but in this one, enemies just looked at me and I’d die.

Next up is the Dead Space remake.

5 Likes

Still playing Tekken 8, Control and a few other things.

I also added Stellar Blade to the mix. I loved the demo and am having a great time with it. It’s a nice mix of action games like DMC, Bayo, Nier and Sekiro, but it also has its own identity.

It also has incredible enemy design, a great soundtrack, nice visuals and good level structure.

1 Like

Gray Zone Warfare - its Early Access, and runs a bit rough on my older hardware. But the potential is def there! Only played PVE so far as the PVP part scares me. I played Tarkov before and the latency killed the fun for me. Then they implemented SA servers and the Europeans banned pings higher than 180ms, so I could no longer play with a @Nosferatie. So we gave up. Gray Zone scratched that itch for us and I am sure it will only get better :wink:

3 Likes

We’ve jumped straight into the PvPvE server and it’s gone very well so far. Only one or two pseudo friendly fire incidents. It feels like a mix of old school Arma 3 and EFT, in the best of ways, and the local pricing made this a no brainer to try out.

3 Likes

PS5
Rise of The Ronin - finally have it
Fallout 4

PC
Jedi Survivor
Remnant 2

3 Likes

Still playing Dying Light 2.

Finally figured out the graphics issues. For a reason only the developers will know, the game uses my secondary GTX 1080 GPU, even though none of the monitors that the game runs on are connected to it, it is explicitly set to use the RTX 3070 in both Windows Display Settings & nVidia control panel and no other games ever attempt to run on the 1080. Doing a clean install of the drivers fixes the issue (until restart) or otherwise disabling the 2nd GPU (which in turns enables the DLSS graphics options in the game).

3 Likes

Been play a LOT of hours in Star Wars: the old republic MMO. Hundreds of hours of amazing bioware story quests to enjoy there still.

Will probably stop when D4 season 4 hits next week. D4 takes all of my game time!

4 Likes

Got Hexgaurdian in the steam sales, nice rougelite Tower Defense game.

2 Likes

I finished Dead Space. Excellent game but could have been a bit shorter.

Next up is Marvel’s Midnight Suns.

2 Likes

PS5
Rise of the Ronin
Baldur’s Gate 3
FC24

PC
Baldur’s Gate 3
Wo Long
Starfield

Xbox
Starfield
Wo Long

Switch
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

I’m making a lot of use of cloud saving and Xbox play anywhere at the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Definitely one of the best features of modern gaming.

2 Likes

I need suggestions for the bf - he loves games like Call of Juarez - I need similar game suggestions please

I don’t know the CoJ games that well, but I think Shadow Gambit might be similar, just in a fantasy pirate setting. Shadow Tactics might also scratch the itch…

1 Like