What are you playing now?

Have also being playing Immortals of Aveum - struggled a bit with performance at first but once I found a playable setting - especially using DLSS - I’ve enjoyed it. Close to finishing it now - although I haven’t yet cleared all the Shroudfanes and have only defeated 3 of the 6 optional challenge boss battles. Playing on Immortal difficulty they really are difficult to beat.

I’ve enjoyed the story and the characters involved have grown on me. Rook was an instant favourite though!

1 Like

Same! At first I thought the voice was Clancy Brown but it is not.

2 Likes

Xbox
Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree
Destiny 2

PS5
Destiny 2

Switch
Octopath Traveller 2

2 Likes

Finally finished Marvel’s Midnight Suns.
The pacing is a bit slow with the only one mission per day setup so the game took forever. End-game was a bit underwhelming and overall I prefer XCom.

Final verdict: Still loved the game

3 Likes

The First Descendant, it really scratches the warframe/destiny itch for me since I have up on those after over 2000 hours in both together. Something new and shiny and relatable but MUCH more expensive though ;-(

Sill, loving it.

2 Likes

How much have you spent?

About R600

1 Like

Not bad, about the average game price. And if you’re benefiting and it is adding value for you, all the better.

Assuming that was all for cosmetic items?

Started playing Jedi: Survivor and loving it. The game looks amazing and is just as fun to play as Fallen Order. Now for me this is Star Wars - not the stuff that Disney has been pumping out.

2 Likes

No, all of it was for descendants, the “frames” for the game, to use a warframe term.

1 Like

This game has taken over the torch from film and media for Star Wars, bringing the player into the world, in a way, that no movie or tv show can. You can be a Jedi :exploding_head: It helps, the worlds are visually breathtaking.

2 Likes

I’m trying to stick to one game per platform for the most part at the moment, but in-between I will play Destiny on either PC, XBox or PS5 as well.

PC
Pathfinder Wrath of the Rigtheous

Switch
Octopath Traveller 2

Xbox
Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree

PS5
The Last of Us 2

3DS
Fire Emblem Awakening

2 Likes

First tried Scars Above and then after an hour and two bugs, requested a refund for it.

Then tried God of War, but I can’t get it to work with my controller. Will attempt this later again.

Finally started Metal Gear - The Phantom Pain

2 Likes

I got Suicide Squad through Prime gaming the other day and I’ve really been enjoying it. So much so that I’ve bought it on PS5 as well and play it on both thanks to cross platform progession. I can sort of see why people complained about the live service model but at the end of the day the gameplay is so much fun that I just don’t care.

Hopefully the game has enough active players that the devs will see through their initial plan of season. I really want some more characters on the team. Red Hood and Deathstroke can both be great.

3 Likes

I’m waiting on a good sale for it. It’s piquing my interest.

2 Likes

Currently 70% off on the base game over on both the Epic Games Summer Sale and on GMG:

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Or via Green Man Gaming if you’d prefer a Steam version (and maybe a little more off if you’ve bought from GMG before…)

Thanks! Will look into this…

1 Like

I have also been playing this and, I must say, thoroughly enjoying it. While I can see some of its pitfalls, I don’t think all the criticism it received is wholly warranted.

1 Like

I’m currently somewhat hooked on Demon’s Souls again (PS5). I’m actually still busy with Elden Ring but just felt like going back to Demon’s Souls for a bit and then it got its claws in me. I’m really enjoying this game again. Might actually continue into NG+ this time, but we’ll see. For now I’m playing along to fightingcowboy’s walkthrough just in case there are armour sets or weapons I somehow missed. The combat is much slower than Elden Ring but I actually somewhat prefer this. It just feels more tense.

Side note: this is still the best looking on PS5 IMO. Bluepoint really achived something incredible with this remake. Too bad Sony hates it fans and won’t let them do Bloodborne as well.

1 Like

I started Alan Wake II. It’s quite excellent so far! I love the atmosphere and narrative.

2 Likes