What are you playing now?

Lucky for you MGS 3 is getting a modern remake :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually played all the first 4 mainline games last year and this year. Played the Gamecube remake of the first game (Twin Snakes) and then the PS3 HD versions of 2 and 3. Great games but yeah the gameplay is very dated. Just taking the gun out and aiming is such a schlep.

Im currently playing through the Onimusha series, which are also PS2 games but at least they don’t control like ass.

1 Like

Warhammer 40k Space Marine 2. Great fun, amazing visuals and so packed full of lore. When that gets too intense I am playing this little indie gem:

Sort of like a space sim without all the very complicated mechanics of flying etc.

4 Likes

Severed Steel. It was on my wishlist and got discounted to R15. I would gladly have played full price.
It’s like Mirror’s Edge but with heavy gunplay emphasis and some Max Payne bullet time.

It looks gorgeous, has a killer soundtrack and overall great presentation. Most importantly, it’s wonderful to play!

3 Likes

Frostpunk.

1 Like

PC
Remnant 2 (shaking off the rust before final DLC arrives tmw)
Persona 3 reload
Onimusha 3 (PS2 emu)

3DS
Zelda Link Between Worlds
Shin Megami Tensei IV

PS5
Like a Dragon Ishin

PS3
Yakuza Dead Souls

Xbox
Persona 3 Reload

Hopping around between some games on switch but mostly just waiting for Zelda to release this week.

3 Likes

That looks almost as bad as my daily workload.

2 Likes

Yeah well, thats what unemployment anti-depressants look like :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I picked up where I left off in Shin Megami Tensai III: Nocturn Remastered on my PS4 about a week ago.

Funny how I was stuck running back and forth looking where to progress for a few hours when I put it aside for at least 6 months I think, only to find the place I needed to go within the first 5-10 minutes of picking it back up.

3 Likes

Don’t know if anyone has Dawn of War 1 or 2, on steam, but the devs gave the DLC away for free on the 19th so I installed DoW 2 last stand, and played that again, so much fun, and I get constant games, there are still so many people playing this game and its great.

Also playing Dota 2 doing the crownfall event, its like the only reason to play that game right now for me, and I think as long as I don’t take the game seriously I will continue to enjoy it.

2 Likes

Ok, finally finished Metal Gear Solid 5. It sucks that this is essentially a prequal and that I’ll never get to play MGS 1 and 2 which seems to follow this one. The story is quite interesting.
At least with Death Stranding I got in on the ground floor :slight_smile:.

I’ve now started Red Dead Redemption 2. Here’s hoping that the game doesn’t bore me like Rockstar’s other games (specifically the GTA games).

3 Likes

Oh, you’re in for a good ride. Savour the environmental interactions and the random NPC quests that just pop out of seemingly nowhere. Also, when the game “ends”, there is another chapter that adds a good 5-10 hours of play after that.

2 Likes

I’m predicting extreme boredom. :stuck_out_tongue: If GTA bored you then RDR is going to literally put you to sleep.

3 Likes

I’m 100% a factory worker now - been stuck into Satisfactory since the 1.0 update. Just got to tier 7 & 8 so now it gets a bit more complicated to balance the various productions.

4 Likes

I’ve had the new (actual) Zelda game pre-ordered and can’t wait to get to that!

Also:

Alan Wake 2 - rounding up some sidequests
Tekken 8 - grinding
AC6 - learning to fly and shoot

2 Likes

Courier phoned me at 8 am and said my Zelda will be delivered before 12. I still don’t have it. :frowning:

I did mange to finish Link Between Worlds on 3DS this morning though.

1 Like

I tried Red Dead Redemption 2 for about 4 hours. Will maybe try to pick it up again later.

Then I tried Flintlock. So far I’m not a fan, but I’m not sure if it is because of the game or maybe due to the bugs and performance issues that I experienced. Will maybe try it again.

Otherwise I’m thinking to pause gaming for a while or keep busy with something short since Dragon Age 4 is releasing at the end of the month and I might just get that at release. If I do, that would be the first time that I buy a game at release in years. It is expensive, but luckily I can use eBucks for buying Steam games these days.

1 Like

I have been jonesing to play this again. What were your reasons or experiences that made you put it down?

1 Like

@Beo It probably put him to sleep :stuck_out_tongue:

I have too many things on my plate, as usual:

Switch
Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom

PC
Starfield
Warframe
Onimusha 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Persona 3 Reload

Xbox
Persona 3 Reload
Starfield

3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV

PS5
Warframe
Yakuza Kiwami 2

I’m mostly playing Zelda though, its pretty damn amazing.

3 Likes

I’m switching between Ghost Recon Wildlands and Breakpoint.

I like Breakpoint, but I love Wildlands.

2 Likes

Breakpoint was my favourite out of the 2.

1 Like