What are you reading?

As a fellow Wheel of Time guy (did my re-read last year), why do we do this to ourselves :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha I love this series so much but I also get what you mean. Not looking forward to Book 10 at all. Book 2 was great though, finished it in a week and if memory serves Book 3 is even better. There are so many awesome characters in this series.

It really is a good series with so many good characters. It’s actually the series that got me into reading high/epic fantasy. Re-reading last year filled me with joy, except for book 10, that book can die :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I dont know how you guys can read it - I could never get past book 2

It just “speaks to me” I guess. I love fantasy and good characters and world creation and Robert Jordan was a master at that. I can’t even tell you who my favourite character is because there are so many good ones. I almost gave up at Book 10 though. It basically only exists to set up Book 11 and nothing happens to advance the main story. But yeah overall it’s just the world, characters and everything in it that I love. The whole idea of the One Power being split into male and female and how they actually weave together different elements to do things, the different races and cultures, the fantastical creatures and the epic fight sequences, etc.

1 Like

My problem is the 3 page descriptions of a shirt.

I love great fantasy but just never got into the wheel of time

Read faster? :smiley:

1 Like

Just skim past that stuff and focus on the dialogue and action.

I definitely wanna get (another) WoT tattoo at some point in the future. Maybe the Aes Sedai symbol or the serpent ring or something for The Band of the Red Hand.

I cant, its one of those things I cant skip

1 Like

I finished Book 3 of WoT. On to the next one, The Shadow Rising.

reading the witcher

2 Likes

I’m reading through Sanderson’s Stormlight Archive again. I’ve got the latest book Rhythm of War but felt that I wanted to go through the previous 3 (plus novellas) before tackling it. Having finished the previous books in 2018 I don’t usually re-read so soon but I am finding that it is well worth it - there are so many hints and fore-shadowings that as a new reader you’d never notice. I mean, there’s a side character that features in the first book that only really comes into play in one of the short novella’s that came out recently! Clearly Sanderson had the whole series mapped out before he even started writing the first book.

1 Like

Going to start Book 5 of Wheel of Time today.

1 Like

When I’m reading Sanderson books, I keep thinking of this.

1 Like

Especially when you find out that all the Cosmere books are connected…

1 Like

Exactly. I don’t know how many times I’ve read the Cosmere books, but it’s a lot.

2 Likes

Rereading the whole Wheel of Time. Read it about 20 years ago and only up to 5, will see how far I get :wink:

2 Likes

Nice! I’m about a third of the way into Book 9 now.

1 Like

I REALLY never read biographies of any kind. But I am going to make one exception to that rule. A person who I have always respected and who resonates with me passed away a while back and finally his sons are releasing his autobiography. I have asked my wife for this as a Christmas present.

3 Likes

Almost done with Book 13 of Wheel of Time then there’s only one left.

2 Likes