What are you reading?

Thanks, will give that a watch/listen.

I’m with you here. I read so many Medium posts and stuff that helps my professional capacity. I don’t read self-help and motivational books, but personal development might be a good idea. But then again, as you say, I don’t want to read about more work when on my personal time.

Perhaps I need to pick up my Richard Hammond biography. I don’t have much or any fictional content, I got rid of all books when I moved.

1 Like

I just finished Breathe by James Nestor and am now reading The Salt Fix by Dr. James DiNicolantonio

1 Like

I have 2 shelves full of books I have not looked at in years. My kids browse through them to read things now and then. All my current reading books are on my phone. I can read anywhere, anytime.

1 Like

Same here, google play’s book reader is great and the kindle app as well. I use both depending on where I buy my books from

I struggle to read digital content. Perhaps just a mindset, anything other than an article I struggle to focus or maintain interest.

1 Like

It took me about 2 days to make the change, now I struggle with a normal book, especially some of the fantasy books that are over 1000 pages.

I know what you mean. I think it’d be ok if I had a kindle or something, but reading a book on a PC monitor or laptop doesn’t work for me, not to mention I need to cut down on my electricity usage…

I do have a 10" Pi screen, but it’s too bulky and wires everywhere to use comfortably.

Then with physical books, I try to keep them mint, so it is also really uncomfortable holding them. And I just can’t find a comfortable position to sit in.

Then there’s the procrastination aspect…

1 Like

I lie down. I made the mistake of reading after our MEWME games.

2 Likes

Maybe I need reading glasses, but my biggest problem is my arms.

Why was reading after MEWME a mistake? :confused:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s the closest digital medium I have found to actual paper. I seriously want one. But affordability you know…

Don’t even get me started, I have the attention span of a gnat.

2 Likes

Pro tip with a kindle, my mum has one that is officially 15 years old - we got it for her 50th birthday. And its a basic one paperwhite with a cover that has a lamp. It still works I just now have to do a hard reset once every 2 or 3 months. Even the battery still lasts at leat 20 days.

That is all you need and if you keep an eye out they can be found for R1500. It is something I would even buy from cash crusaders.

1 Like

Still something that doesn’t fit into my budget >_<

Currently it’s a nice-to-have stretch goal.

1 Like

Dude, put R50 to R100 away in an envelope each month - that is how I got mine - it took a while but I got it

2 Likes

What, specifically mobile (iOS or Android) apps do people use?

Kindle?

Aldiko, android

I am going to try the digital route with what is perhaps the only digital fiction book I have in my library.

The world without us by Alan Weisman.

1 Like

What a beautiful range of voices

2 Likes
2 Likes

I recently decided to re-read the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan (and Brandon Sanderson). Finished book 2 last night and I’ve started with book 3, The Dragon Reborn.

4 Likes