What are you reading?

Time to bump.

Not sure what the feeling is towards audio books, but I’ve been listening to a whole host of audio books this year.

At the moment I’m listening to Dan Brown’s Origin. Must say I’m am enjoying the book a lot! It’s really gripping and exciting. But damn Dan Brown is not a fan of the Catholic Church. This book is full of attacks on the church.

1 Like

I want to do the audio books but I find that they put me to sleep. I am busy with Trudi Canavan Age of the five series - The priestess of the white

Reading

Nice and light, good clean fun books.

Same. I just want to sleep after 5 minutes of listening.

Bought a bunch of cheap (old) books from the secondhand bookshop(s) here. Busy with Dragondoom by Dennis McKiernan at the moment.

1 Like

Reading Waylander II: In the realm of the Wolf by David Gemmell

1 Like

I’ve been captivated by Brandon Sanderson’s Stormlight Archive series. It’s been great to get stuck into some 1000 page epics again.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the next Mistborn book.

:grin:

Started reading Stephen King’s Needful Things. Not to bad so far.

2 Likes

Stephen King? It like you were at the meetup.

I am busy with Trudi Canavans Magician series, I finished her The Voices last week.

Im saving the Mistborn book for the holidays.

Reading the Red Rising series by Pierce Brown. Very good first person modern space opera.

I am currently “reading” (listening via audiobooks) to The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck. Well, I am in the process of stopping, as the book started well and insightful, but this last half of it is not engaging at all, and the author is a bit insufferable.

1 Like

I’ve been struggling to finish Dragondoom by Dennis McKiernan, I just don’t enjoy the story.

Loadshedding just hit me so I think I’ll pick up a book now. Gonna give Against the Day by Thomas Pynchon a bash.

1 Like

I guess he didn’t give a f*ck.

3 Likes

I didn’t even know this was a genre (or subgenre)

3 Likes

Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb. Currently on Book 3.

After I’m done with that I think I will just continue with her other books, because I actually want to get to the latest trilogy but decided to re-read the books in order.

Reading the Lightbringer series, the black prism, just finished reading IT

Started with Against the Day by Thomas Pynchon, but I’m not feeling it so I switched to The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. This one I am feeling, really grabs you from the first page. I really enjoy the writing style.

1 Like

Okay, time for a resurrection of the thread.

In January I finished Ready Player One, and I absolutely loved the book. I couldn’t stop listening, and the narration done by Will Weaton was fantastic. I feel like I’m a better nerd now for finishing the book.

I’ve now moved on to Mythos by Stephen Fry, also narrated by Stephen Fry. Holy balls 3 chapters in and I can’t stop listening. It’s such a novel way of interpreting the age old myths of the Greek gods, and Stephen is a fantastic writer and story teller.

3 Likes