What are you reading?

That’s the reason I skipped to book 12.

It was a long time ago (oh wow… probably close to 20 years!), but I remember Book 8 and Book 9 being my least favourite of the series.

I honestly don’t feel like I’ve missed out on much between book 9 and book 12.

Oh! I just remembered the name of that first forum I was part of all those many years ago. It was called “The Ways” :smiley:. I think it’s long gone… a shame that tall those discussions went with it.

I’m currently reading Book 11 in WoT.

1 Like

Discovered this cool bit a flashfiction while listening to a Brandon Sanderson lecture.

Its a quick 5 minute read.

1 Like

Yikes! I need to check how his next Cosmere book is coming along.

1 Like

Recently finished The Burning White (Lightbringer #5) by Brent Weeks, and Starsight (Skyward #2) by Brandon Sanderson. Much awesome!

I’m currently on The Light of All That Falls (Licanius Trilogy #3) by James Islington. The holiday season was kind to me with these releases :smile:

2 Likes

Haha, I’m halfway through “The Blinding Knife” 2nd Lightbringer book by Brent Weeks

2 Likes

When you finish the series, check out the Licanius Trilogy. It’s a genuinely refreshing bit of fantasy.

2 Likes

I have been slacking off on reading the last year or so, but now that I’m working again I take a book to read during lunch.

Luckily I can leave a book for a while and pick up where I left of without an issue so right now I’m working on finishing Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. After that I’m either gonna do Killing Commendatore by the same author or Gone Girl.

1 Like

I finally finished Memory of Light (Wheel of Time 14) in December, re-read The Eye of The World prior to the first season of the show coming out, and started on Sanderson’s Mistborn series.

Currently reading Final Empire.

2 Likes

I started the Throne of Glass series this dec, on the final book now - for those of you who wants an epic story - this is it - so well done, well plotted with great twists and turns. Its an epic fantasy!

1 Like

I have read the first one, it is a good book indeed.

2 Likes

I finished Kafka on the Shore after work tonight. I am so confused. I don’t think I’m smart enough to “get” this book. I will reread it one day, hopefully it makes more sense then.

Going to read Gone Girl before I take on another Murakami novel.

1 Like

Welcome to the club. I’m currently wading through my Sanderson collection as well, in preparation for Stormlight #4 that will hopefully release end of this year. The Mistborn series is just epic.

2 Likes

I managed the first book

I still havent gotten past the first chapter in the second one. . .

Ive decided to read the series of books that Expanse is based on. Loving it!

1 Like

I think we’ve established you struggle to finish things. :slight_smile: If you’re not hooked after reading the first one, it’s probably not your cup of tea.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the first one, dunno why I am struggling with no 2 so much.

Toooooooooo much to read so little time!

2 Likes

Stick with it if you can, it’s worth the effort. Book 2 is where the world-building really gets interesting.

Also, if you make it through the epic but somewhat serious Era 1 trilogy, there’s the Wax and Wayne books waiting (Mistborn Era 2). Those are just super fun, but connect back to the first era in significant ways.

2 Likes

Just recently finished reading Battle Mage by the Peter. A. Flannery.

What a nice change of pace. A singular self-contained story with no ties to a larger expanded world or series. Also? Dragons (@Wyvern do the right thing and read it), I can’t stress that enough.

And now I’m back to re-reading Mistborn with The Final Empire. I must say, I’ll probably avoid Stormlight #4 (or Rhythm of War as it’s currently titled) for at least 2 weeks after release, Oathbringer was brilliant, but also exhausting with how much happens in the book.

2 Likes

I will give it a chance :smiley: I am looking for something to read, struggled with Leviathan Wakes the book that Expanse its based on

1 Like

I got bored with Gone Girl so I shelved it and I started with Killing Commendatore by Haruki Murakami.

2 Likes