What was the last movie that you watched?

Do i detect a hint of sarcasm?

Not at all, I actually enjoyed it. I am not a fan of the car chase blow things up genre but this was a lot more realistic than I thought it would be.

First Man. Utterly engrossing, beautiful film.

2 Likes

Finally sat through 3 hours of Straight Outta Compton.

And this came to mind so oftenā€¦

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Not going to say anything about it. Donā€™t want to spoil it.

2 Likes

So its worth it? I am considering going this weekend, but I havent been to the movies in ages cos its just silly expensive.

Are you a harry potter fan firstly?

Yeah we also donā€™t go often either but planned for this one. Also we use the edgars club thing which lowers the price a bit at least.

1 Like

Im not part of any club so no discount :frowning:
Also no 3D for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And yes I loved the first Fantastic Beasts (more than the HP ones - altho I loved the HP books)

Watched A Star is Born yesterday and Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper were awesome. the music was great. my only gripe was the movie was a little too long and theres like a part in the movie which felt like something was cut, which could have provided more content.

Also i couldnt help but notice the way they made up LAdy Gaga made her look quite a lot like J-Lo when she started out etc. especially the outfitsā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not such a big harry potter fan as I also enjoyed the first Fantastic Beasts more than HP. Specifically the Obscurial. I was disappointed that I didnā€™t go see it in IMAX with that part when he went ballistic on the city.

With the second one there are so many links to the HP series and a huge twist at the end where my wife, who is a huge HP fan, sat speechless.

1 Like

I wonder if that was on purpose.

Watched this the past weekend, I really enjoyed it, however I was thoroughly confused.
Granted I donā€™t have the best HP knowledge of the HP universe, but even my wife was confused, and she is pretty into HP.

1 Like

Warcraft. Slow start, but enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next movies

Mowgli. Enjoyed the different view. The CGI is just incredible. Thereā€™s a lot of negative reviews, which I donā€™t agree with.

2 Likes

Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse 9/10

I really enjoyed this one despite not being the biggest fan of animation or Miles Morales. It actually made me like him a little more. It still loses one point for him though and for the 3D.

2 Likes

Venom - surprisingly good.

Agree, Mowgli was very good for me too.

1 Like

peppermint, honestly felt like they took the story of punisher and adapted it for a female.

it also appears that a sequel to venom has been greenlit by Sony

1 Like

loved that movie

Edit: Heavy throwback i know. I dont come in here often.

1 Like

I re watched Blow one more timeā€¦

Saw Crimes of Grindlewald on the weekend, and as a Harry Potter fan I loved it!

The twist at the end isnt much of a twist though in my opinionā€¦ Its a lie to get what Grindlewald wantsā€¦

3 Likes