What was the last movie that you watched?

haha, I have my laptop next to my desktop monitor open and watch stuff I’m not too interested in while working.

1 Like

Watched The Godfather, Part 1 a few weeks back.
Still watching Children of Men.

Children of Men is a strange movie, I couldnt quite judge if I liked it or not. Saw it in the cinema years ago.

1 Like

The movie isn’t that long…

3 Likes

Sometimes I find I can’t sit through a movie (my mind wanders off) and sometimes I sit fairly attentively through an almost 3-hour movie.

MiB International: entirely predictable. Even my 9 year old knew what was going to happen next.

1 Like

Watched some Matilda again.

Dark Phoenix or whatever this last xmen was called - can say it was a great nap - really didnt enjoy it at all. The lead actress is VERY overrated.

John Wick 3 - yay another one where he kills everyone and people turn on him - please tell me this is the end of this cash cow.

Chapter 4 is coming of John Wick. Can’t wait.

1 Like

Watched Mad Max: Fury Road. Just wow!

1 Like

Yesterday, watched it with my wife, we REALLY enjoyed it. Good, clean with amazing music. I then told my kids to watch it, they enjoyed it too.

2 Likes

Peppermint. John Wick With A Chick.

2 Likes

FTFY :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Saw Logan yesterday, GREAT MOVIE! I’ve lost my love for comic based movies with Marvel, thats why I put off watching this so long. The ending though……please say it aint so!

1 Like

John Wick Chapter 3 Parabellum.

Currently my second favourite movie.

Unstoppable. I thought a movie about a train would be boring but it was really enjoyable.

3 Likes

Spider-Man: Far from Home 6/10 :+1:

1 Like

Billionaire Boys Club - A cheaper, more preppy version of The Wolf of Wall Street… 5 / 10

2 Likes

Hobes & Shaw - OMG this was the biggest load of crap movie ever. They should NOT have stuck the Fast & the Furious reference on the movie title. The F&F movies were decent kinda “realistic” movies. This was like you lets throw a bit of terminator in there and fortnight cause its very in right now. The story was also not great.

Plus Vanessa Kirby who is generally a good actress was terrible with the action scenes. mind you most of the action scenes were bad.

Can i please get that 136 min back?!

3 Likes

Aladdin (2019)

Watched the new Aladdin last week. It was enjoyable, but I didn’t like some of the decisions they made with the plot. I liked the stronger Sultan—much cooler than the pudgy push-over from the animated series. I liked Jasmine’s new subplot. I did not like Jafar or Iago. The new song was kinda meh.

Joker

Fantastic. This is not a feel-good movie. Intentional or not, it asks some interesting questions about our civilisation. Joaquin Phoenix’s performance deserves the attention it’s getting. Artistic merits aside, any movie that tries to tell The Joker’s backstory is biting off more than it can chew. An essential part of all the Jokers in our pop culture has been the mystique around the character. He is more force than man, so trying to tell the story of the man is always going to be fraught.

With that caveat out of the way, I’m not sure I like what this movie has done to some of the familiar characters. On some level it feels like they made it too easy for Joker to come unhinged.

(Sorry for the vagueness regarding my commentary on “familiar characters”… I didn’t want to say anything that is potentially spoilery.)

If this is the back-story for Robert Pattinson’s Batman, though, we may be in for an interesting ride.

5 Likes