What was the last movie that you watched?

Haha. Not actually, but good catch :slight_smile:

I really liked IT - had just enough over-acting on Skarsgardā€™s part to make it hella-creepy, without coming off as camp. The scenes with Pennywise were far superior to any of the other ā€˜fearsā€™ the kids saw. Looking forward to part 2!

2 Likes

Game Over Manā€¦ itā€™s not for sensitive viewers. But itā€™s awesome.

1 Like

From the Reviews it looks like a piece of shit.

The wife and I started the Oscar movies.

First up was Three billboards. Excellent movie liked it a lot.

The second one was Lady Bird. Weird and didnā€™t like it at all.

Then we wanted to watch Shape of water but instead watched a random movie called Hidden Figures. Its a true story about 3 African American women working at NASA in the 60ā€™s. Katherine Johnson who was this maths genius and who was the first person to do the calculations for manned orbital flight. Also, Mary Jackson who was the first ever female engineer at NASA and the first African American woman who won the right in court to go to a white school to complete her Engineering degree. And lastly Dorothy Vaughn who helped to program the first IBM machines NASA used to calculate trajectories.

What a great movie. I absolutely loved it.

2 Likes

itā€™s great, youā€™ll love it

Hidden figures was awesome, I really enjoyed it. Since you are watching Oscar movies, DONā€™T watch ā€œCall me by your nameā€. I knew what the movie would be about but didnā€™t enjoy it, it felt like the ending shouldnā€™t have been the ending

1 Like

did not like the ending but good movie,

Very Good movie

Yeah found out the wife watched it without me. The bitch. But she also loved it.

1 Like

Ready Player One

It was great! I was very skeptical going in. They changed A LOT but they made it work.

3 Likes

Coco

Very nice movie, animation was amazingly done, story was also very good.

1 Like

Watched The Finest Hour again. Really a great movie.

Last recent would be Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Same was boring to say the least.

Spoiler

It was more a movie of setting up more movies to come than anything else really. Its like they want to start from the beginning but this time with a female jedi and a new resistance

Maze Runner: Death Race, 7/10 I rather enjoyed the whole series, we binged it over the long weekend. Rewatching the first 2, I do like how they dont give you much info during the first 2 and I liked the ending, open ended as it was.

documentary called take your pills was very interesting.

Beauty and the Beast. 100001 times just in the last week. Daughter saw Beast at some Princess Conference thing and now that is all she wants to see. Donā€™t mind too much though, such a sucker for that movie!

2 Likes

Original or live action one? Altho I can live with both - loved both.

1 Like

Original.
The new one was OKAY. The only thing that bothered me were the characters in the castle. It was an object, with a face drawn on it. The objects did not seem as animate as in the original, not portrayed the same as the original at all. That was the only thing that put me off a bit about the new one.

1 Like

Good for you, the original is the best but I liked the new one as well.

1 Like