The Epic Game Store

Haha, clever!

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Is your Steam wishlist too long?

Maybe you are a bit slow, it has been weekly for many months now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Well, it started off as fortnightly at least… I’m living in the past! Besides, I don’t even know when a new week starts anymore. Days, weekends and public holidays just kind of melt together now with working from home being a reality.

5 Likes

funny you should mention this. I bought the game on the EGS, but never got around to playing it as I keep waiting for the “Full Release”. Now its on Steam for R90, I am very tempted…

3 Likes

If I buy it on Epic would I have to download and play it through the Epic launcher, or could I use Uplay?

If I have to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea, maybe I’ll choose the sea.

2 Likes

I will ask nima - Dowload via epic but you play via uplay (I am not sure how that works - suspect it just links the uplay account)

1 Like

You have to link it to uplay. After which, the game actually shows up in UPlay. As long as both launchers are open, you can run the game from either, or even just in explorer and double-click the .exe, I believe.

These launcher wars are stupid now :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Launcherception.

2 Likes

So you’d still need EPIC installed on your pc somehow…
I’m good thanks, will look for another deal :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Like I said earlier 75% at uplay = but they are struggling to process payments

1 Like

I understand why having so many launchers can be frustrating. But nit willing to install it to get great games? That I dont understand…

4 Likes

Wait… both the UPlay and Epic launchers have to be running to launch the game if I buy it on Epic?

Does the same thing happen when you buy it on Steam?

1 Like

Yes I think so, if I can recall the last Uplay game on Steam I played.

3 Likes

Yep, uplay games need to have their installer. No matter what platform you use

2 Likes

So you aren’t aware of the entire EGS controversy from not even a few years back? THATS why I refuse to install their crap on my system. I took a decision and unlike many people that flake over time I’ve stuck with it. I don’t trust them, they proved that we shouldn’t trust them…so I won’t allow myself to get in the position to do business with them.

4 Likes

Which controversy? :sweat_smile:

The one where they give developers a bag of money to launch exclusively on their platform, or the one where they discounted unreleased games without developer approval?

/poke /poke

4 Likes

How about when they are also owned 40% by the Chinese guffment and install spyware that grabs your steam data and tries to hide its tracks?
/puts tinfoil hat on

:smiley:
apologies for the thread tangent, thanks for moving :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you play any games that make use of the Unreal engine?

3 Likes

I think thats going dangerously close to a straw-man argument :stuck_out_tongue: Or at the very least a large leap in logic.
My response above was tongue-in-cheek. I think I’ve stated my reasons before but here they are again:
I made the decision around the release for Metro Exodus, which was gobbled up by Epic and ripped from the steam store (and any other platform it may have sold on). Around that time it was also discovered that their launcher mined your steam data without your permission, and that they were going to focus on using their considerable financial strength to strongarm market share through exclusivity (and not through having a superior product…their product is shit EVEN STILL TODAY). Thats when I made my decision not to support them, as they quite publicly had contradictory views on how competition/ethics works.

there…thats it. The other reasons are icing on the cake / banter. I’m not such an activist that I refuse to buy anything with a label “made in china”, but the gaming exclusivity shenanigans is where I decided I’ll vote with my wallet.

4 Likes