Xbox Series X/S

The best deal is at Nedbank. I sommer sent RbJacobs and FNB a message to say that not only does the ebucks store not have the pre-orders but Nedbank is giving discounts on theirs.

4 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be a “Sold Out” sign anywhere, so either:

1. there’s a lot more Xbox stock going to be available to local retailers;
  2. or it’s not nearly as popular as the PS5;
  3. or folk have realized that they don’t necessarily need a new Xbox console on Day 1 in order to be able to play all the new games.

I think it’s a combination of 2 and 3.

1 Like

Sold out in other countries, but SA is a more PS orientated country.

2 Likes

I still think the console wars, pick-a-side rhetoric is utter bullshit - play games the way you want, on the devices you can afford, in the way you want.

But when I see kak like this, I can understand why the us versus them mentality persists for so many people:

“…feels like too much of an upgrade…”?? Like seriously, WTAF!!!

Odd how this “gaming journalist” sees MIcrosofts’ decisions over the past 7 years as a “wasteland”, while Xbox Game Pass subs top 15 million. Must be pretty lonely in his wasteland. GTFO.

4 Likes

I think it also speaks to how people tend to like being angry on the internet. You see a need to pick things apart and find flaws, even if it really isn’t warranted.
I don’t mean to say we shouldn’t criticize or be critical of things (especially when it costs an arm and a leg), but calling MS’s recent plans a wasteland is absolutely ridiculous.

2 Likes

I joked about this but it seems to be actually happening. People are (most likely) mistakenly ordering the Xbox One X from Amazon.

Now this could obviously be a coincidence but the sales numbers for One X went up almost 750% the day the Series X pre-orders opened.

4 Likes

Seems like I should’ve waited a bit to buy a new gamepad. The Nedbank AVO store has the light blue XBOX Series controller on sale for R1099, with delivery on 10 Nov. Dirt cheap compared to what official XBOX controllers cost these days.

EDIT: And white and black ones for R999…

1 Like

Why the heck must controllers cost so damn much?!

Hey, I ended up paying R1400 for an XBOX One controller on special. I searched far and wide for a decent price, but they all retailed for around R1499. I kinda regret not waiting for this special on the new controller, as apparently the D-pad has been reworked and there’s a dedicated “share” button now (not that I’ll ever use it). On the other hand, I used the newly bought controller to complete Ori and the Will of the Wisps, which is not an experience I regret at all.

1 Like

I just want a more recent conotroller cos I hear they added a 3.5mm jack. Also, some of my buttons are starting to feel “sticky”, especially the Dpad and LB/RB buttons.

I must say, the Cyberpunk 2077 edition controller I bought has some nice diamond-textured grips (which the standard controllers apparently lack) that really adds to the comfort of using it, especially seeing as my hands get sweaty very quickly. It also has the 3.5mm jack yes, but I doubt I’ll be using it soon, as I’ve got my headphones plugged into my laptop that I play on.

1 Like
2 Likes

That’s really impressive, can’t say I’m surprised, they really pushing the industry.

I’m now REALLY itching to pull the trigger in grabbing a Series S on the Nedbank AVO store for a mere R6199!

1 Like

Do it, that’s a bargain and a half.

1 Like

the S is good value for money but that 512 ssd just seems so small and the official expansion card is $220 in the US and that is R3 738,98 before the ANC err i mean SARS adds their markups. and S&X games can only run from that and the internal storage

BT Games is selling 1TB Xbox Series S for R2k more, which I would say is great value.

I mean we’re already so coniditioned and used to current load speeds, anything better is considered a bonus. I honeslty don’t mind loading screens and times, given that they’re reasonable of course. Waiting over a minute for things to load is atrocious, but anything sub 30 secons I would consider as acceptable, on new hardware I would even say sub 20s is fine.

Can non Nedbank people buy from there? I’m interested in getting another controller.

Ha, and just like you I bought a controller in May. If I knew the Series controllers were cheaper I would have waited.

Apparently you can! I’m not going to buy another one right now though.

1 Like