Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

I have a resin 3D printer, and I am toying with the idea to print trophies. I will do printing for free, and if it’s only for the championship top 3 I will ship it for free too.
If we do trophies for each race night I would just want help with shipping.

Thoughts? I’m not talking about big fancy trophies, but little 5cm tall things.

3 Likes

Most likely people don’t know what resin 3D printer is or implies

1 Like

That’s a phenomenally generous offer @Stromlo! I would do them only for the Top 3 overall, not for each race. We do up to 4 races each time. I think there were 6 rounds last time, which means a lot of trophies!

For shipping I definitely think winners would agree to at least share costs. Or even better, would be to organize to have a fellow MEWb who is traveling help with getting them to where they have to go. That said, I see you’re in Cape Town. Most of the potential trophy winners are probably your next door neighbours.

Resin 3D printing just implies the ability to do very intricate detailed prints, as opposed to the typical filament 3D printing. The detail is remarkable.

This is a part I printed for my H-gate gear shifter, this is the quality as it comes out the machine:

2 Likes

What’s tracks are up for first evening of racing?

And also, spread the word, there’s only like 5 registered so far.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised at what people in these parts know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve not registered yet because I can’t figure out what car I want.

EDIT: I’ve now registered.

1 Like

Okay I’ll allow 1 free car change after round one, so that when you realise you chose wrong, you’re not stuck with it for the remainder of the season. After that a change will cost you some points.

As far as limits, there are none, if you want to drive with the same skin as someone else, that’s up to you. Preferably try and choose a unique car/skin, just makes it easier to identify on track. Once we get a few rounds in, identifying drivers based on their car/skin becomes second nature, that’s really the only reason.

Custom skins, yes, design away!
I’ll probably pick one of the existing ones.

You can see what’s been taken so far on the championship page.

2 Likes

I’ll announce the first 2 tracks for round 1 tonight or tomorrow.

1 Like

Hey @SlinX. I wont be driving this time around, but I would love to try my hand at commentating on the race live… Do I need to enter as a driver and then hide in the pits? Or can you add me as a spectator?

2 Likes

That’s a nice idea. If you have a gamepad controller, install drone camera. It will make the world of difference for the stream

3 Likes

Is it like flying a real drone? Because that sounds hard…

1 Like

Have upped my Corona-related sponsorship game this time around:

@Slinx, if you would be kind enough to add my skin to the server…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1is2HEK7glifPJDcP2JyyB0-lpiyPHXZl/view?usp=sharing

Much obliged

2 Likes

You can if you want, but I just attach it to a car, and it lets you spin the camera around the car, you’re following. It’s not hard, it’s soft, like ice cream

3 Likes

Now where is @GerhardNiemand with his designs, and will eleventy billion show his face? Stay tuned for more drama, here on E!

2 Likes

Calling Mr @DarthMol to comment on this situation.
Also…

Part of the reason I missed the Dirt2 round and why I haven’t registered yet… It’s not flush yet :rofl: I suck at this. I’ll get there though

1 Like

I tried googling for how to do this, but it seems incredibly complicated. What method do you guys use to do this?

1 Like

Figured out how to make a skin - but it’s not quick!

Dropbox link for my skin:

Don’t laugh: I’m terrible at graphics.

1 Like

Ok I was having way too much fun with the livery.

4 Likes

Damn fine first effort sir! Well done.

But… sitting up until past 3 in the morning putting it together is probably not the best use of your time :rofl: