[GameClub 13] Batman: Arkham Knight

I see there’s a tie… I didn’t vote because GTA V would mean I have to get it running on linux, and Batman would mean I have to renew my PS+.

You guys were supposed to decide for me!

3 Likes

I changed my vote so Batman can win. I’m not gonna play it though, just did it to break the tie.

2 Likes

D:

That ain’t right!

2 Likes

You should have it on epic if you’ve been collecting all the freebies.

Thats not in the spirit of voting for a game you would play. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I get that but would you rather have another tie? The only reason I’m not going to play it is because I’ve already finished it and Xenoblade Chronicles is coming out on Switch next week and that means no other game will be played by me.

2 Likes

The votes are tallied and GameClub has officially begun! Due to the exceptional circumstances (the split vote, COVID-19), I am conducting an experiment and running three GameClubs in parallel. Hopefully it doesn’t tear a rift in the spacetime continuum or anything.

My reasoning for running so many GameClubs in parallel is that A Plague Tale: Innocence is a relatively short game, and there appears to be minimal overlap between those interested in playing Batman: Arkham Knight and The Long Dark.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

Shew! 3 at once! I will have to choose one…

5 Likes

Great, I recently downloaded this in order to play it. I own it on PS4 as well, but lended it to one of my developers to keep him occupied during the lockdown. So I’m keen to start it on PC!

3 Likes

Bummer, I missed the 2nd vote.
Oh well, Batman is always a favourite. No reason why I can’t play it again. Will download it as soon as my hard drive arrives.

1 Like

Did you have a crash or run out of space?

1 Like

He had a crash. Asked for advice in a thread last week.

2 Likes

Yeah, new hard drive should arrive this week. This hasn’t been a good couple of years for hard drives.

There is still one in my wife’s pc that has been disconnected, I just haven’t bothered taking it out yet. My gaming drive was the middle 4tb with the black and green in the picture. RIP

2 Likes

Downloaded and started playing this over the weekend. While my son loves Batman, I thought he could watch while I played, but the content is a bit dark. Nevertheless, the game really holds up and still looks great, even on a base Xbone.

3 Likes

I did the same with my niece a year or so ago. She was freaked out by the intro scene in the diner. It creeped me out a bit as well…

1 Like

Yeah, that beginning roasting section where you fire up the Joker is kinda grim.

1 Like

That’s why EGS gave away both the Arkham Trilogy and the Lego Trilogy. Everyone wins

3 Likes

Talking to @1nF4m0u5 about the current cost of getting hold of a copy of The Long Dark for GC15 if you don’t have Game Pass or the game in your Humble collection, and thought I’d check for any deals on the other Game Club games…

Batman: Arkham Knight is on Steam, but no special at the moment. Wait until the Steam Summer sale if this is your only option:

It is on sale at the moment on the Humble Store, but literally only for another 40 minutes as of this post! $3.99 (R71) is probably the lowest you’ll find it anywhere:

If you miss that one, you can get it for a similar price ($4.00-$4.25 / R71-R75 depending on your history) right now over on Green Man Gaming.

3 Likes

I did post the Humble deal in the OP, though in hindsight I should have posted in a new post.

2 Likes

Wasn’t it free on epic a while back? And thanks for all the info

2 Likes

Yes it was. the whole Arkham Trilogy and a Batman LEGO game or two as well if I remember correctly. There are still some folks who won’t have anything to do with the Epic Games Store, despite all the freebies.

2 Likes